Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Leader drone

Hi

How do I use the Accipiter drone? I've got it hovering over my head but it doesn't go off and shoot things. How do I get it to rack up kills for my squad?

Thanks

Lol well it is a rather hit and miss weapon to be honest. Some rounds it shoots everything other times nothing. It usually only shoots enemies that have a red diamond around them, or an enemy that you've been looking at for a while.

Comment

The FAQ has some info about the Accipiter (sure I just added it, but it still counts )

Comment

When a guy in your squad sees someone it starts shooting it. Atleat I think so.

Comment

like in its description it will only locate and fire on enemies when they come in a range of 10-20 meters otherwise you got to spot them and look at them for atleast 3 seconds before the netbat gives the correct info.

Comment

Originally posted by Plug View Post
            Hi

How do I use the Accipiter drone? I've got it hovering over my head but it doesn't go off and shoot things. How do I get it to rack up kills for my squad?

Thanks
            Deploy it, wait for enemies to spot it and pinpoint your location, then wait for death. :dead:

The problem with the Accipiter is that 1) You (or a squaddie) need to spot an enemy and get a red diamond on them before it will fire. The problem here is, by the time you've eyeballed him long enough to get that red diamond on him, you could have killed him 2 or three times already without the drone's help. 2) If you're depending on the Accipiter to make the kill on those rare occasions it actually acquires a target before you kill it yourself, you'll be disappointed because unless they are in open terrain, it doesn't do enough damage fast enough to kill a guy at full health before he can get to some kind of cover (or even kill YOU first).

I totally understand having a roving gun platform adding to your firepower wherever you go is a tricky proposition to balance, but right now it's just more trouble than it worth. It's advertising your location, and the fact that you are the squad leader, for a pitiful return.: :shakehead:

Comment

Stare at someone for ~3 Seconds, and the thing will start shooting. NOTE: There is a such thing as a "dud" round, where the thing won't ever shoot. If one of these turns up, just equip a beacon or an otus.

Comment

Originally posted by Erhardt View Post
                I totally understand having a roving gun platform adding to your firepower wherever you go is a tricky proposition to balance, but right now it's just more trouble than it worth. It's advertising your location, and the fact that you are the squad leader, for a pitiful return.: :shakehead:
                It's always great when you see some squadleader trying to use it at the same time he's using his cloak.:laugh:

Now though with the latest patch its not that bad of an idea to use them since they don't need to be resupplied and you can take one out when you don't need to worry about giving away your position and put it away when you want your cover. And they work best when you're dead and the enemy is not suspecting any fire and they die giving you a free kill.

Comment

Originally posted by LeavingNormal View Post
                  It's always great when you see some squadleader trying to use it at the same time he's using his cloak.:laugh:

Now though with the latest patch its not that bad of an idea to use them since they don't need to be resupplied and you can take one out when you don't need to worry about giving away your position and put it away when you want your cover. And they work best when you're dead and the enemy is not suspecting any fire and they die giving you a free kill.
                  That's funny, it works best when you're dead. Gotta love EA for that one.

Comment

I've only seen these being used effectively once or twice, and after watching them I did feel "Yeah, I'd give that a go". But for reasons already mentioned (could've killed enemy faster yourself, position giveaway, the fact it identifies you as squad leader) and the fact that when I last joined a squad with a squadleader using one, it crushed me as I was walking along.

So nah, no real use for it. I've only used the beacon since the new patch and even then, only once or twice. Squad leader tools are almost dead in public servers unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn View Post
                      I've only seen these being used effectively once or twice, and after watching them I did feel "Yeah, I'd give that a go". But for reasons already mentioned (could've killed enemy faster yourself, position giveaway, the fact it identifies you as squad leader) and the fact that when I last joined a squad with a squadleader using one, it crushed me as I was walking along.

So nah, no real use for it. I've only used the beacon since the new patch and even then, only once or twice. Squad leader tools are almost dead in public servers unfortunately.
                      Well the SLSB often splits up the squad and/or force you to drop far away from the action to retrieve it
                      The OTUS is great but is kind of obsolete with every other support carrying an IDS.
                      And the accipiter is usually a disappointment.

Comment

There's only two real situations where I'll use an SLSB these days.

a) whilst capping a flag that's got enemies nearby, just drop it on the flag so you've got a constant stream of people coming in. When done, pick it up.

b) If you make a break for it at the beginning of the game and you're the team with the uncap - place the beacon down somewhere if you know you're gonna get killed, and then make sure your squad doesn't spawn on it until you say. When it's quietened down, bang, six of you appear behind their lines, pick up beacon and rinse them of their flags.

Problem with b is like you say, splits up the squad for the time being, and you rely on your squad actually following orders. Which in the majority of occasions, leaves us solely with A.

I don't normally use it otherwise, I pride myself on being able to stay alive quite well, and would rather get into a nice quiet place and have people spawn on me and move on.

Oh, and I remembered another reason why I avoid the accipiter. I was playing once and a dude on my side but in a different squad was using it, and for some reason ANY player became a target. He was kicked within 2 minutes for excessive teamkilling due to the sheer number of punishes he accumulated because of his over-excitable drone gun.

That said, if anyone ever does use it (and essentially paint themselves as a target....) - go support and stick an ids on it. Double drone powers!

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn View Post
                          That said, if anyone ever does use it (and essentially paint themselves as a target....) - go support and stick an ids on it. Double drone powers!
                          Thats not double powers, this is double powers

Comment

Lol, look people, irrefutable proof of eze's hacks!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Braveman View Post
                              Lol, look people, irrefutable proof of eze's hacks!!!!!!!!
                              Well what can i say. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X