Call of Duty 4 1.4 Digitally Distributed Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 4 1.4 Digitally Distributed Patch

Update: The official Digitally Distributed version has been released. Check your appropriate distributer for the patch.

Originally posted by installerfile
    Setup had detected thatyou have a digitally distributed version of Call of Duty(R) 4...

Hey guys you might remember me from when I released the direct2drive COD4 1.3 patch. I got you guys covered again for version 1.4 but just some quick info before we get to far. I talked to John Hoffman over at Direct2Dive Support and it turns out the delay in patches is due to Activision releasing their digitally distributed patches to distribution companies such as D2D later than the retail patches.

Hi Slava,

I can completely understand your frustration and others frustration about patches for the Direct2Drive version of the game not being out on the same day as the patch from the game developer.

We are working with our engineers to make sure they keep on top of the situation. What some people may not understand is that Direct2Drive does not make patches or the games we sell, we are only the retailer.

The game developers are the ones who send us their patches. We simply post them on our website to download. It's not just frustration on the customers end, such as yours. It's frustration all-around.

Regards,

John Hoffman
    Lead Technical Support
    Digital Distribution - Customer Service
    Now for the good stuff. The 1.4 patch was a bit more challenging to extract than 1.3 so in my release Only English Language game installations are supported. If you have a Russian, Spanish, etc install I would be more than happy to send you the appropriate patch files for your language but they are not included in my download.

We should get this moved to the Support section for everyone with e-distribution versions...

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
      We should get this moved to the Support section for everyone with e-distribution versions...
      If an admin could do it that would be great. I noticed I posted in the wrong section right after submitting the post.

Comment

what actually is an E-distrivution?

Is this for me with Steam?

Comment

I'm not sure how the steam one functions I wouldn't suggest using this patch with it but it MAY work. E-Distribution refers mostly to Direct2Drive where you download the entire dvd rather than on steam I think you get .gcf files.

Comment

From what I've read from others, Steam will push out its own patch, automatically for those who bought COD4 through them...you won't have to go looking for it.

Theoretically, this file above might work, but I wouldn't risk it. I think Steam is usually reasonably prompt with patching (?).

Comment

Its prompt for their on games

Comment

The official Digitally Distributed version has been released. Check your appropriate distributer for the patch. I'll see you guys next patch!

Comment

Working...
                X