Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more problems with bf 2142: can't do defrag!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more problems with bf 2142: can't do defrag!!

ok...i just want to thank Vreki for helping me with battlefield 2142, but now things have reached boiling point. I was able to play single player without it freezing but now it seems to freeze after a few seconds. I have done everything i can to stop this, deleted cache files, renamed some stuff and emptied my temp folder but it seems to have made things worse.

I hoped running a defrag would help, but now i found i have a problem with my c: drive and i can't do it for some reason. Not even an error check will work......
    What i have gathered from the internet is people, like me are having the same issue which is with NTFS c: drive. when i try to defrag....a message comes up saying "defrag has detected that Chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume c:" "please run Chkdsk /f"

WELL I DID THAT...and guess what, you have to restart and i goes through the process of not working because it said something about how it "can't access volume direct on c:" (in plain English: i need help with this!)

I found that this Chkdsk runs like an anti-virus when the computer starts and is meant to clear c: errors. Basically i found from my cmd, by typing "fsutil dirty query C:" that my "Volume C: is dirty".
    the internet explains this with:
    [[If a volume's dirty bit is set, this indicates that the file system may be in an inconsistent state. The dirty bit can be set because the volume is online and has outstanding changes, because changes were made to the volume and the computer shutdown before the changes were committed to disk, or because corruption was detected on the volume. If the dirty bit is set when the computer restarts, chkdsk runs to verify the consistency of the volume. (In plain English again: this is bad news)

I thinks this means something is corrupt with it and the Chkdsk is surpost to check, but of course the only think i can't figure out is why it won't run!!!!
    well all i can hope is this is making sense to somebody....as soon as all this can be sorted out, battlefield will be a breeze.

I cant help with that, it could be a failing hard disk.
    But since this is not a BF2142 specific question I would recommend that you post it in our Tech Center, there is a much better chance of getting help with a general hardware/software problem there.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vreki;1806862]I cant help with that, it could be a failing hard disk.
      But since this is not a BF2142 specific question I would recommend that you post it in our

Thanks, i was just about to post one on there anyway, I can't wait till its all over.....

Comment

Working...
      X