Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest way to wrack up points towards unlocks, ranks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest way to wrack up points towards unlocks, ranks.

Always join a squad or be a squad leader. You will have more success in a squad, but you will also put time in towards Squad Leader Badge, Infantry Officer Ribbon, Distinguished + Meritorious + Valorous Unit Ribbons.

Always enter the Commander election. If your rank is low, you will probably not win the election very often, but playing commander is not as fun as any other soldier so you often win even with a low rank. It is by far the easiest way to rank up and acquire points (even if you lose the battle). Also, earns time and points towards Commander Excellence Badge, Combat Commander Ribbon, Titan Commander Badge, Titan Commander Ribbon, Distinguished + Meritorious + Valorous Unit Ribbons, and the War College Ribbon. If you do win the election, run to your own Titan's AA guns and run the battle from there. You will put in time towards whatever kit you are wearing, all of the badges listed above, and the AA badges. If you are in a conquest map, run to any vehicle and get in, but preferably an APC. You will put in time towards your Crew Service ribbon, Transport Services badge, and Armor Service Badges. If you lose the election, join (or lead) a squad.

Unlock grenades, Squad Leader Beacon, Recon RDX, Recon Anti-Personnel Mine, Support IPS Shield, Support Advanced Ammo Hub, and then the two general stamina upgrades. Unlock them in that order. Every soldier type benefits from the grenades, stamina and beacon. It is very easy to get kills playing Titan mode with RDX and APM because you know exactly where your enemy wants to go.

Play Titan in a squad. Cap silos as Support and throw down an Ammo hub every time. The engineers will all help themselves after they lay mines, and you will get resupply and teamwork points.

When your Titan shield is down, get to it via spawning there after you are killed or via APC / Transport, and either keep playing Supply, lay down your IPS shield and grenade spam either corridor 1 or 2, or if you don't have enough hours as supply to acquire the Silver badge yet (10 hours as supply), switch to recon and place APMs and RDX near the entrance to corridor 1 or 2. When enemies run into the corridor, blow them up. Repeat. You get 20 points for every 7 kills (Titan Defender pin) + 10 more points for every 8 explosive kills (Explosive Efficiency pin). Meaning, 30 bonus points for only 8 kills + the points you get for actually killing the enemy soliders + teamwork points if you are part of a squad following orders to defend your Titan + Titan Defense points. Plus you work towards your Explosive Gallantry, Recon, Titan Defense badges. Always equip light armor when playing recon so that you can run much farther down the corridors without panting. If someone catches you in the open as Recon, you are dead regardless of your armor because all other classes have better close quarter guns.

Always play the same soldier type throughout a round. Never change unless you have a low kill score as Supply during the silo capping stage. You will be surprised at the sudden awards you sometimes acquire because everything in this game is dependent on doing the same thing as many times as possible with the same soldier type in a single round.

Buy and play Northern Strike. You get unlocks instead of points, and the requirements are far easier to fulfill than vanilla 2142 badges. Plus you can play NS Titan, and do all of the above as well as acquire the NS unlocks, all at the same time.

Always play every round to its conclusion, even if you are getting slaughtered. All of the awards are "In A Round" based, and you never know what last minute bonuses you can get which will turn a frustrating round into a satisfying experience. In one Titan round I was playing, my team was getting annihilated. The enemy Titan was not even at half-shield when they were trying to blow our reactor. After getting killed many times trying to defend our Titan (I was pretty much alone doing so with our commander), I laid my last RDX on their side of the open reactor room door. When they finished off the core about 3 seconds later, I caught two of them on the way out. Not only did I deprive those two of the Titan Survival pin (satisfying in its own right), I was awarded a Recon badge, Titan Defense pin, and Explosive Gallantry pin, all for that one last act in the dying seconds. You take the loss no matter what, so may as well go out with a bang.

If you follow these simple guidelines, you will get between 50-100 points a round, and quickly work towards many of the big-point items (like gold and silver Titan Defense, Commander, Recon, Squad Leader, and Support Services badges).

DD.

great thread man! stuff i could of used a year ago, lol.:yay::shakehead

Comment

Originally posted by deadman2312 View Post
      great thread man! stuff i could of used a year ago, lol.:yay::shakehead
      Well man, here is your chance to start off with a brand new soldier!

DD.

Comment

sexay :laugh:

Comment

Lol ive got a faster way...... get in a gunship and RAPE THE **** out of the other team

Comment

Originally posted by THEONEANDONLY View Post
            Lol ive got a faster way...... get in a gunship and RAPE THE **** out of the other team
            Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Dare978Devil
              Always enter the Commander election. If your rank is low, you will probably not win the election very often, but playing commander is not as fun as any other soldier so you often win even with a low rank
              Wow contradiction anyone?

Comment

There is a huge race at the beginning of a soldier, and then you want to slow down a bit to enjoy. So other than the slowing down to enjoy 2142, this seems the perfect thread for the 2142 noobie. Nice post.

Comment

Just ranked my second soldier up to Brig... Took me ~166 Hours due to alot of screwing around

Here is the order that I unlocked stuff:
                  Nade 1
                  Sprint 1
                  Sprint 2
                  Max Clip
                  Nade 2
                  NS Boots
                  Beacon
                  Support Tree (Clark First, then to Ganz)

Just took off from there

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog View Post
                    Wow contradiction anyone?
                    How is that a contradiction? If you enter the commander election as a private, you won't win if a higher rank enters the election. But if no one enters but you, you will win. What I was saying is that playing Commander isn't nearly as fun as playing any of the 4 kits, so often you end up commanding Brigs simply because they would rather play the FPS than stare at the commander screen.

DD.

Originally posted by THEONEANDONLY View Post
                    I have generally found that teams which only go for gunships, including stealing the enemy's gunship, almost always lose the round. They end up just flying around looking for things to shoot, never capping silos, never capping flags. Even when the Titan is being attacked, they never return to defend it but just continue flying around aimlessly looking for targets. Also, if a team has managed to acquire 3 gunships, that usually occupies half the team with a bunch of guys waiting back at the base for the gunship to respawn when the current pilot finally gets killed. Meanwhile the team without the gunship is capping silos, capping flags, attacking the Titan, and almost always winning the round.

In one recent Titan round I played, the Titan was being invaded. There were exactly two of of us defending in total, and we tried to block up corridor 1. When I got killed, I spawned on the Titan and saw 3 guys just standing around where the gunship spawns, waiting. When it arrived just as I ran by, there was a mad rush to get in first. No one (except we two defenders) was in the least bit actually trying to win the round.

DD.

Comment

Working...
                    X