Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened to HC?

Hey guys,
    I left for a while to go play BF2, but started to miss the great - well, better - hit detection in CoD4. So, reinstalled the game, reinserted my player account, and booted up.

Now, I used to play servers like [6FR] Hardcore HQ, and another HC TDM server with 30 minute rounds...

However, I can find very few HC TDM servers with rounds that last longer than 5 minutes, and most servers are regular anyways. I supposed I could get used to playing regular mode, but I still prefer HC

So, does anybody have a good HC TDM server with long rounds? Thanks :salute:

where are you located?

Comment

COMING SOON!

Which brings up a good question and sorry OP for changing the post a bit, but do people prefer TDM over other game styles in HC?

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

No, I prefer HQ and the sort... but just to get back in the killing mood I'd like to play some TDM.

.... East Coast, U.S.A

Comment

There is also an ongoing issue with servers not showing up in the browser. Servers that show up one day, are gone the next, and back the next day. My advice so far (since Favorites doesn't work worth a krap) is to write down the IP address of any server you've really enjoyed playing on.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
            There is also an ongoing issue with servers not showing up in the browser. Servers that show up one day, are gone the next, and back the next day. My advice so far (since Favorites doesn't work worth a krap) is to write down the IP address of any server you've really enjoyed playing on.
            YEP, Big problem with our servers. Right now we have three CoD4 servers up and only ONE shows.

You open your consule and type \connect IPADDRESS:PORT

No reason behind it.

Crunch

Comment

Yeah, i know the console commands... good idea to save IP's though.

I guess I'll dig up some old screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
                XFire is an excellent way to keep track of your favorite servers. Click on the Servers tab, find a server in the Recently Visited section, right-click on it, and send it to the Favorites section.

Aerialz - yes, there are still longer-time HC servers out there, you just have to spend some time looking through the server-name descriptions. Of course, your ping preference will also come into play.

Here's one I played on the other day...FF on, which takes some getting used to, but the rounds were decent: [AWA2] -HardCore TDM- Have Fun - Server IP 8.6.9.72:28960

Comment

64.182.65.73:28960

New hardcore server. Not a lot of people and no 1.4 patch yet.

All the maps in different play styles.

Crunch

Comment

Here's some for ya:

Comment

Alright thanks guys - I found a few and I'll add your servers as well.

Whiskey: The funny thing is, the first game type I played when I installed CoD4 was hardcore HQ with FF on... and surprisingly, the amount of nades didn't decrease even with FF

Comment

I would play more TDM but everyone just sit's and camp's.. that is why I have alway's been about CTF you have you're offence and you're D (the campers).. so there is a good amount of action instead of just noob sitting there.. TDM is a good gametype for scrim's and such but not for pub's... That is why I play HQ it is like CTF is alot of way's and it keep's the game moving along.. I just really hate playing in server that have instaspawn I think all Pub's should be 3 sec spawn.. It help's so much... Just nothing more then 5 sec's for a Pub... But depending on how much server slot's there are 3 is good for 16-32 and 5 is good for 36-48.. I just really don't get why server admins don't even give it a try..

Comment

Poor Battle :/

I added a 5 second spawn on the objective games and both our Hard and Soft core servers do it. We also have all the game types going. Just had the 1.4 patch put on so will be adding some Christmas goodness to it!

So join us and have a MERRY PWNMAS

Crunch

P.S. Bring cookies and we hope you are stateside or have a good ping

Comment

This is why the MP interface needs a HardCore filter, column.
                            You can't always rely on the server name.

Comment

Hardcore is noob normal TDM ftw

Comment

Working...
                              X