AA metal/badge/ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA metal/badge/ribbon

i've been having alot of trouble getting AA kills in this game...prolly because i lack the patience....but for the last week i have been trying to get the AA badge silver...and and the titan AA ribbon...and i just can't get it...i was wondering what would be a good map to get it and where would i have to be to get enough kills to get this badge/ribbon?

Try Suez Canal at Silo 4 or Minsk at silo 2 or any well populated Titan server where the titans can't move. If the titans can't move the titan assaulters have to get aboard using transports or APCs. Get into the titans AAs and shoot incoming transports down.
    Maybe Highway Tampa works as well. Haven't tried it regarding AA kills.
    Have some patience! LOL

Comment

Hi,

Best way to get that badge is in the walker on any infantry-heavy map, like Cerbere or Berlin. Get in the second seat of the walker, which is actually the AA guns. Then just mow down infantry. It takes longer to kill them because you are not using a "standard" machine gun but just go for their heads. In Cerbere, have your driver crouch near the church and just blast away. No one spawns as Engineer in that map because there are so few vehicles, so you can get lots of kills before Pilum shots start coming your way.

DD.

Comment

Titan AA Trick

Looking for more Titan AA kills? Have a mostly empty Titan? One of the more interesting things I've noticed is you get "AA Kills" for any deaths that occur by your hand when you are in the AA gun. So go recon or engi put out the explosives and then sit in the AA gun. Another approach switch seats to the titan ground cannon shoot, and immediately switch seats back to the AA gun. I've seen this trick mentioned here before in the tips and tricks section and thought I would repeat it. I haven't tried this trick with 1.4 so I don't know if this has now changed or not.

Comment

I once devoted a weekend to getting thE aa ribbon but gave up in the end. My tactic was to go Minsk conquest and whore the AA gun at the first flag out of PAC base.

I was engineer and laid motion mines around my tower then just sat in guns. I took down gunships that came overhead. AA'd troops that came up onto the roof of the tower and accumulated kills thet were reported as AA kills from people running into my mines as I sat in the turret.

I counted 22 kills using this method yet still didn't recieve the ribbon. Pah

Comment

You don't get AA credit for the people who hit your MMs. the message will say you killed them with whatever, but the end-of-round screen and, ultimately, your stats will record them as MM kills. I am very certain of this, I am ranked around 200 in the world with motion mines, and check my kill count regularly.

Comment

Thats what I figured.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                Thats what I figured.
                Hmm, are you sure about that? I believe you when you say you had 22 kills, but doing what you did is exactly how I planned on getting this badge. Here is what I read in the Comprehensive Awards guide :

Air Defense Ribbon

- The AA turrets on the ground, the titan AA guns, and the walker's 2nd seat all count for this ribbon. The SAAW does not count.

- You do not have to kill aircraft to earn this ribbon. As long as the kill is made by one of the 3 valid AA guns you get credited with an AA kill even if you kill infantry.

- If you make a kill while manning one of the AA guns, the kill will count as if you had made the kill with the AA gun (ie. it will count towards the ribbon). The most common way this will happen is getting a kill with an APM while manning an AA turret.

TIP: A good way to earn this ribbon is to be in the 2nd seat of a walker. Remember that you can kill infantry for this ribbon and they are much more common than aircraft. 15 kills isn't TOO difficult to get by shooting down aircraft but you will definitely be waiting for the right round to come along if you try to do it that way.

TIP: Another good way to earn this ribbon is to utilize the bug/feature where any kill you get while in an AA gun counts as an AA kill. When you are using the titan guns to shoot someone on the ground you can switch to the AA guns as you fire a volley and you'll get AA kill credits for anyone that volley kills. It should be easy to get the ribbon using this method if your titan is well placed.

Comment

2nd seat in a walker with a good walker pilot.

Comment

Got mine on Shuhia Titan. When the shield went down on our titan the enemy transports came at us fully loaded with soldiers, so i racked up a sweet number of 26kills in the AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dare978Devil
                      Hmm, are you sure about that? I believe you when you say you had 22 kills, but doing what you did is exactly how I planned on getting this badge. Here is what I read in the Comprehensive Awards guide :

Air Defense Ribbon

- The AA turrets on the ground, the titan AA guns, and the walker's 2nd seat all count for this ribbon. The SAAW does not count.

- You do not have to kill aircraft to earn this ribbon. As long as the kill is made by one of the 3 valid AA guns you get credited with an AA kill even if you kill infantry.

- If you make a kill while manning one of the AA guns, the kill will count as if you had made the kill with the AA gun (ie. it will count towards the ribbon). The most common way this will happen is getting a kill with an APM while manning an AA turret.

TIP: A good way to earn this ribbon is to be in the 2nd seat of a walker. Remember that you can kill infantry for this ribbon and they are much more common than aircraft. 15 kills isn't TOO difficult to get by shooting down aircraft but you will definitely be waiting for the right round to come along if you try to do it that way.

TIP: Another good way to earn this ribbon is to utilize the bug/feature where any kill you get while in an AA gun counts as an AA kill. When you are using the titan guns to shoot someone on the ground you can switch to the AA guns as you fire a volley and you'll get AA kill credits for anyone that volley kills. It should be easy to get the ribbon using this method if your titan is well placed.

Yeah - that's what I read but like the previous poster said - despite MM kills being reported as an AA kill, they are not counted towards badges or ribbons etc. AFAIK

Comment

It is seriously one of the most boring ones to get, but quite easy if you're lucky. The way I did it was to go on a large titan server with movable titans and sit in the front aa gun. Take out as many air vehicles as possible before the titans get close, and when they do, concentrate on killing the air vehicles just as they come out of the other titan hangar.

You should nearly always be able to destroy the gunships, and occaisionally the transports if they're being piloted by noobs. Also look for defenders on their titan you can shoot with the aa gun and the small bit just behind the aa gun on your titan where you can shoot guys.

I managed to get mine on the theird round of trying about 5 secs before the round finished, although one guy did constantly try to votekick me because i stopped him whoring the gunship.

Comment

yeah i got most of my AA clear skies pins setting up MMs and APMs and having enemies killed by those while i am manning AA turret rosch or titan AA guns. so it definitely counts as AA kills.

this is the best method to get them:

join a crowded titan server. spawn as engineer, go to the silo that has an AA turret and lay your motion mines near the silos. go man the AA turret and don't come out until you die or to resupply and redeploy MMs. aim to shoot down crowded air transports, an occasional gunship or two, and surprisingly some infantry (i find it pretty easy to shoot down infantry with the rosch AA as they don't see you well until you fire). MMs should get you a bunch of AA kills especially if occupied air transports try to land near the silo and get blown up.

when titan shields go down, if your titan is being heavily attacked, i like to switch to recon, pod up to the titan roof near the AA guns and lay down 2 APMs. then i jump down the shields to man the titan AA guns. stay in the titan AA seat and if enemies trip your APMs, you'll get the AA kills and also try to shoot down incoming enemy transports. hopefully someone can resupply you when you need to redeploy the APMs, if not, ask commander to supply drop on the titan roof.

use these methods and you should be able to get the clear skies pin, silver AA badge, and the AA ribbons.

btw, anyone have the GOLD AA badge? that badge seems nearly impossible, 50 hours in AA and 30 AA kills in a round. anyone who has that badge is crazy... it's the only badge i'm missing and i doubt i'll get that although i have been working towards filling the 50 hrs. in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                            btw, anyone have the GOLD AA badge? that badge seems nearly impossible, 50 hours in AA and 30 AA kills in a round. anyone who has that badge is crazy... it's the only badge i'm missing and i doubt i'll get that although i have been working towards filling the 50 hrs. in AA.
                            I can't help you get the 30 kills, but you can pretty easily fill the time if you like playing commander. Every time you play commander in Titan mode, just run to one of the AA guns. You wrack up AA minutes, Commander minutes, kit minutes, and then you get whatever points you are able to get as commander. Plus, you get the added bonus of the Sat Track. If you see an enemy transport coming your way, spot it, then hit the HOME key to flip out of the commander screen, shoot it down, and then HOME again to get back.

DD.

Comment

hmm i didn't even know the HOME key does that in this game....are there any other keys that are shortcuts?

Comment

Working...
                              X