Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error at Kit/Spawnpoint Selection Menu

Battlefield 2 - Multiplayer

Problem - After the map first loads, the "Select Checkpoint/Kit" menu pops up like normal, but I can not move the mouse cursor and the keyboard buttons do nothing in the game. Pressing Tabs-Lock makes the beep sound as if the Squad menu just popped up, but the screen stays the same (checkpoint/kit) and the mouse cursor stays in the middle of the screen. I can here the battle sounds in the background, and the checkpoint map changes flags as in real time play, but I can not start playing.

This problem occurred after the game froze on 2 consecutive attempts, each freeze causing me to hard power-off the computer. After 3 attempts brought me the frozen cursor and keys, I reinstalled BF2 (just the original) and ran a virus scan.

After the reinstall of the game, I tried once more to log on to Multiplayer, but it resulted in the same problem. The game has been working great for me for the past few months, and I was playing it already today.

I can attach the DirectX Diagnostic if that might help.

go to options > controls and click on the reset to default button. ur key maps prob got erased somehow

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
      go to options > controls and click on the reset to default button. ur key maps prob got erased somehow
      Hey CV, this really helped! I can play and play and play once again. Now I just wonder what caused it in the first place. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Constantly accessed files like those setting-files can easily get corrupted.

Comment

Working...
        X