The Forgotten Hope 2 Suggestions threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forgotten Hope 2 Suggestions threads

Hopefully this thread will contain useful info for the FH2 devs to work with. Please post any bugs (with SS's if possible) and any suggestions you may have.

Any posts deemed unnecessary or spam cluttering the thread will be removed.

My suggestions

* I would like to see the single player worked on in the more distant future (FH makes a great LAN game with bots)

* Something needs to be done about the Teamkilling. The amount of it is insane, and i believe it put's off new players. Although, i'm not really sure what can be done without red tags

* Flak. Again, it's too easy to sit and rape spawn points. Not saying you nerf it, maybe add some objects between it and the spawn points to provide cover.

* Music. Can we have some sweet WWII style music. I remember the BF1918 mod having some very cool popular music back then!

Otherwise, great mod. Loving the tanks and planes! :salute:

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post

My suggestions

* I would like to see the single player worked on in the more distant future (FH makes a great LAN game with bots) I agree, I'd like to see CTF also

* Something needs to be done about the Teamkilling. The amount of it is insane, and i believe it put's off new players. Although, i'm not really sure what can be done without red tagsThis can be controlled server side

* Flak. Again, it's too easy to sit and rape spawn points. Not saying you nerf it, maybe add some objects between it and the spawn points to provide cover.agreed

* Music. Can we have some sweet WWII style music. I remember the BF1918 mod having some very cool popular music back then!play some mp3's in the background

Otherwise, great mod. Loving the tanks and planes! and this is interesting you say about loving the planes and tanks when you said this?(See Below quote):salute:
    Bring back nose cam for planes!

And, out of interest how come you decided not to use aiming sights as the primary view for tanks. In FH1 you had a nice crosshair setup that made it easier to aim. Or maybe i have just yet to find that feature in FH2.

It'd be cool to see a Tank Drivers handbook similar to the Basic field weapons training.
    Your right dead on about bringing back the nose cam...and all views or at the very least make it a server side option. As for the tank view, although change is often a good thing, its not one here. I say bring back the crosshair for the initial view.

Comment

Forgot to add, can the "out of bounds" limits be made further away from main bases?
      It's too easy to fly over the airfield re-arming, and then straight away go out of bounds. This is especially annoy since the planes are generally slow at getting out of these situations.

Comment

^^^^ Good point Alex. Had the same thing happen to me yesterday!!

The uniforms look very similar so a lot of teamkills occurr. I think as people get used to things the TKing will go down.

But it is pretty annoying trying to shoot someone from a distance only to find out it was your a teammate.

Comment

Well, the german mines take too long to arm imo, but maybe it`s to balance something I`m not aware of.

The sounds are good and have good bass, but way too low in volume and lack the sharpness/crack. I can barely hear the reload and some other sounds. I`m so used to Red Orchestras top quality sfx that everything else is just meh for me
          Dunno if it`s possible in the BF2 engine but some real-time distance sounds would be cool, but only good quality and realistic ones would do.

The ironsights feel kinda akward. Maybe it`s the fact that you can`t see your arms, not fully 3D, or both. The rifles also lack the kick when you shoot em which kinda takes the immersion away. (again, RO )

About the crosshairs and cockpits, imo they should leave em like they are atm. The rapecams were removed for a reason.

Same with the uniforms, not that hard to make em out after time, and you can always check the map if you`re not sure if it`s an enemy or a friendly. No need to dumb the game down that much.

Comment

* Something needs to be done about the Teamkilling. The amount of it is insane, and i believe it put's off new players. Although, i'm not really sure what can be done without red tags
            I ended up disabling tk punish on my server because too many people were punishing for unintentional TK'ers. I know that the team's going for some realism, but perhaps friendly tags as visible as vBF2 would be good. Just don't give the enemy visible tags.

Comment

i would like to be giving more of a warning about minefields because when you are cruising in you bren carrier, you have almost no chance to turn or stop before you explode in the mines because they arnt marked on the minimap. (I think al alamein has minefields that arnt marked on mini-map)

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                Well, the german mines take too long to arm imo, but maybe it`s to balance something I`m not aware of.
                Nah, it's only a animation that the Pioneer puts that thing in there, you can just plant the mine while it's still doing it's input thingy.

But onto fixing:

- My arty dial ups are blinking when i try to turn the gun and that makes it really hard to zero it all up.

- Also make the 9 pounder arty more ''forgiving'' I don't how it goes in real life, but really even if i zeroed it all it still doesn't fire where it's supposed to. With mortars i can be some millimeters away from the zero and still bomb the exact target.

- The Anti Tank rifles sometimes just don't do any damage, even when i'm 5 feet away and shooting directly at a tank.

- Make mortars repairable. I'm pretty sure you can't repair them, because i kept repairing one mortar like two minutes straight.

That was it, i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf View Post

- The Anti Tank rifles sometimes just don't do any damage, even when i'm 5 feet away and shooting directly at a tank.
                  That's the whole point. Anti-tank rifles were practically worthless except against unarmored vehicles, APCs, armored cars, and the very earliest of tanks.

My only suggestion would be to lessen the "fog of war" effect when a weapon impacts near your position - I like the idea of it, but it's just a bit too much, especially when your team is pinned back to one flag point.

Comment

The csuppression effect should be removed from all MGs, near hits, etc. It`s just retarded to represent suppression with a visual effect which looks like a heavy case of concussion that you can only get from getting knocked on the head with a bloody sledge hammer.
                    Same with bullets hitting near you, etc. They should inject fear of getting blown away with sounds (make the goddamn cracks and whizzes louder), effects as lots of dust n s*it kicking up, etc, but not with this blur bs.

Same with tanks, grenades and cannons going of near you. Just make the ears ring and add double vision for a sec or two.

Comment

Add as an easter egg a mig-29.

On a serious note the mod is really great. I think they should keep everything as is. If I'm not mistaken, the developers wanted to make it as realistic as possible, hence tks do occur. The only thing I can suggest is tweaking the anti tank weapon, it's very difficult to use againt heavy armor, unless I'm doing something wrong :wall:

Comment

Yes, you're doing it wrong from the beginning by even trying to hurt heavy tanks with an AT-rifle. The armour is much too thick for an AT-rifle to do anything else but dent the tanks. Use it agains light tanks, vehicles and AT-guns, then you will see how successful it actually can be when used on the right targets.
                        On heavy tanks, just throw those sticky grenades or geballte ladungs (explosive charges).

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                          That's the whole point. Anti-tank rifles were practically worthless except against unarmored vehicles, APCs, armored cars, and the very earliest of tanks.
                          WTF? Then gimme my Panzerschreck back!

Comment

You won't get one for a while, not until they hit the later western/ eastern fronts when panzerschrecks actually existed :P

If anything I really hope they turn down the suppression effect, it does its job, but the way its done just sucks in general. Forcing simulated suppression on the player is not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf
                              WTF? Then gimme my Panzerschreck back!
                              You'll begin to see Panzershrecks, bazookas, and panzerfausts in the campaigns from the later years of the war.

The FH panzerfaust was one of my favorite weapons from FH1 - one shot, one kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X