Which Shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Shotgun?

I've been using shotguns alot lately, i find them refreshing and satisfying to use. But im not too sure which one to use. I like the M101 as it looks awesome and fires very quickly, but i find its capacity lets it down, the W1200 is good, its got higher capacity and coupled with double tap it can fire fairly quickly too, it also seems to have more recoil.

I was wondering if any shotgun fans (if their are any ) could share their shotgun setups and what they find useful?

I like the shotties for some maps like Vacant, Shipment and the ship one, great in close quarter combat, you don't need double tap on the auto shotgun, (M1014) and the 4 rounds you can pump out at once really make quick work of multiple targets at once.

I prefer the slight of hand perk with them to speed up reloading as thats what gets you killed more often than not when using them. I like the added ammo and damage of the W1200 but still prefer the auto of the M1014 overall.

Comment

Does double tap effect any of the shotguns?

Comment

I use shotties on those same maps. I also have a loadout with Overkill where I have the 1200 and a M14 for some good times.

My "Shotgun" loadout is:
        1200 Pump
        Desert Eagle
        APMs (set traps and watch over them)
        Double Tap (great with the pump shottie)
        Extreme Conditioning (because I can out maneuver and out run most with this)

EDIT: Yes, Double Tap really helps the fire rate of the semi auto pump shottie. Not so effective with the auto shotgun. That one needs to be reloaded faster...

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21 View Post
          I've been using shotguns alot lately, i find them refreshing and satisfying to use. But im not too sure which one to use. I like the M101 as it looks awesome and fires very quickly, but i find its capacity lets it down, the W1200 is good, its got higher capacity and coupled with double tap it can fire fairly quickly too, it also seems to have more recoil.

I was wondering if any shotgun fans (if their are any ) could share their shotgun setups and what they find useful?
          W1200
          Desert Eagle
          Claymores
          Juggernaut
          Extreme Conditioning

Comment

G-3 (red-dot)
            M1014 (red-dot [cosmetic only really ])
            bandolier
            overkill
            steady aim

Comment

haha cosmetic only, I do that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                haha cosmetic only, I do that too.
                its true though, the red dot on it is so damn useless really, but it just looks a bit mroe funky

plus i'd have the grip but i need bandolier for my G3 really

Comment

Lol, I use red dit for some reason, and I actually aim though, it does help, you can kill at farther distances.

Comment

W1200
                    Grip
                    double tap
                    steady aim

I like that setup pretty good. Seems pretty reliable for me. Sometimes I will switch steady aim with Martyrdom if its going to be CQC.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Auto shotty / m16
                      overkill
                      bandolier or claymore
                      steady aim

Comment

Here's one for you. I just hit lvl 55, I've banked over 4000 kills and haven't recorded a single one with a shotty.

Comment

Well thanks for the opinions, i gotta say im a fan of the M1014.

Does the grip unlock make a noticeable difference?

Comment

Grip works good on the W1200, due to its insane recoil.

I use:

W1200 with Grip
                            Double Tap
                            Steady Aim or Martydom

or

M10 with Red Dot
                            3 Special Flash
                            Sleight of Hand (Use this and the small capacity is near forgettable)
                            Steady Aim or Martydom

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21
                              Well thanks for the opinions, i gotta say im a fan of the M1014.

Does the grip unlock make a noticeable difference?
                              For the 1200, it does. Recoil is smaller and the snap back to firing position is better. I dont know about the 1014, never used it for it. I just dont like having that low amount of ammo.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X