Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 linux server - coop/miltiplayer and bots

Hey guys,

I setup a Linux dedicated BF2 server on Ubuntu 7.10. I can connect, rcon, etc, and I configured it but I cannot figure out how one would get bots on the 16/32/64 player maps. I tried rcon and "bot_add" but the console told me the command was not recognized. I thought the new 1.41 version addressed bot issues as well.

I would appreciate it if someone could post a link or walk me through my bot issue.

Thanks, Tim.

32 and 64 player maps do not allow bots. 16player maps though, should allow them. But you'd need to configure the server to run coop maps instead of the normal ones.

Comment

OK.
      How do I configure my server to run in coop mode? Any good cookbooks out there for a Linux server?

Thanks.

Comment

When starting a server up from inside BF2 you get to choose between co-op and something else. AFAIK there is something similar in the windows version of the dedi-server, but in Linux I have no idea.

Comment

I have started co-op mode from within the game, but I would rather keep it on my Linux box and not worry about hosting on my workstation. I may also open the server to the public, so I definitely don't want BF2 running 24/7 on my XP box.
          If anyone knows, please share. I have seen mods out there for something like version 1.0, but I thought version 1.3 kind of incorporated that stuff into the server to make it easier.

Comment

Does anybody here run a Linux server?

Comment

Originally posted by eatont9999 View Post
              Does anybody here run a Linux server?
              I'm running BF2 on a Linux server. Edit your maplist.con file with maps in coop mode.

mapList.append strike_at_karkand gpm_coop 16

Comment

Working...
              X