Will my graphics card work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my graphics card work?

I am thinking of buying Call oF Duty 4 but I don't know if my graphics card can handle it. I know that the rest of my computer is fine but I don't know much about graphics cards. Does anyone know if this graphics card will work: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO 512MB. Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help me out.

Yes, that card can play COD4. You won't be able to crank all your settings, but it will be playable on lower settings.

Comment

Cool thanks for that.

Comment

Find out how Call of Duty 4 runs on our stable of hardware and what we did to improve frame rates.

Good read about some PC issues and comments. I found it very helpful for my next upgrade.

Comment

Thanks I also found it very helpful.

Comment

im thinking of getting a BFG 8800 GTS 512 Mhz what kind of FPS will i be looking at. im also getting a ASUS P5E3 mother board with 2 gigs of DDR3 1333Mhz ram FSB on mobo 1600Mhz CPU is intel core 2 duo 6750 2.66Ghz

Comment

Originally posted by LMSsnagglepuss
              im thinking of getting a BFG 8800 GTS 512 Mhz what kind of FPS will i be looking at.
              This might help give you an idea: http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/...00/page17.html

Comment

I'm trying to figure out, where does my Radeon 9550 fit into all of this? I'm trying to figure out what I need to upgrade to vs the money, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips79 View Post
                  I'm trying to figure out, where does my Radeon 9550 fit into all of this? I'm trying to figure out what I need to upgrade to vs the money, etc.
                  Your Radeon is below minimum spec. The game may not even run on it. I suggest you download the free SP demo to try it out for yourself.

As far as an upgrade, you have to examine your budget, as there are tons of choices out there, but you have to consider your motherboard, and what type of card (AGP or PCI) that it can handle.

You also have to consider your power supply for newer cards.

2GB of RAM is also recommended by most people for today's games.

The best-bang-for-the-buck powerful card out there these days is probably the Nvidia 8800GT, if you're looking for a great card with good value that you won't need to upgrade again for several yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                    Your Radeon is below minimum spec. The game may not even run on it. I suggest you download the free SP demo to try it out for yourself.

As far as an upgrade, you have to examine your budget, as there are tons of choices out there, but you have to consider your motherboard, and what type of card (AGP or PCI) that it can handle.

You also have to consider your power supply for newer cards.

2GB of RAM is also recommended by most people for today's games.

The best-bang-for-the-buck powerful card out there these days is probably the Nvidia 8800GT, if you're looking for a great card with good value that you won't need to upgrade again for several yrs.
                    Actually, it runs fine. I just got lvl 40 in multiplayer. I've got the graphics turned down pretty low though. I'm sure the 8800GT works wonderful, but that's way more than I want to spend right now. Any other suggestions?

Comment

That's the same one that I have and it runs fine. I also have 4GB of RAM and an AMD 64 4200+ AM2 dual core processor with 4 160GB WD SATA drives in a RAID 0+1 configuration.

I do occasionally get some lock ups, but I don't think it's video card related. It only locks up when I go out to the menu, and I just noticed it doing it when I switched to using my Logitech controller. I might try going back to using keyboard and mouse again and see if the lockups go away.

Comment

Originally posted by bpickell View Post
                        That's the same one that I have and it runs fine. I also have 4GB of RAM and an AMD 64 4200+ AM2 dual core processor with 4 160GB WD SATA drives in a RAID 0+1 configuration.

I do occasionally get some lock ups, but I don't think it's video card related. It only locks up when I go out to the menu, and I just noticed it doing it when I switched to using my Logitech controller. I might try going back to using keyboard and mouse again and see if the lockups go away.
                        I think mine's a 2.4ghz. Haha - I only have a 40gb hd. I also only have 2bg of RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips79 View Post
                          I'm sure the 8800GT works wonderful, but that's way more than I want to spend right now. Any other suggestions?
                          Try looking at prices for these two cards, and see if they are more in your range:

ATI Radeon HD2600XT or Geforce 8600GT

And for a bit more money, ATI Radeon HD3850 512MB.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                            Try looking at prices for these two cards, and see if they are more in your range:

ATI Radeon HD2600XT or Geforce 8600GT

And for a bit more money, ATI Radeon HD3850 512MB.
                            Sweet! Those are def more in what I wanted to spend. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X