Headshot hit registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headshot hit registration

Am I the only one who finds headshot not "landing" when they should? I had my doubts but in my last matches I've crept on a guy and instead of knifing them I puled out my gun and shot them at point blank in the head and I STILL didn't get a headshot.

Is it just me or the game is having some problems registering headshots?

yep done that my self too, shot them instead of knifing them and no HS for me either

Comment

Yeah, here's an example:
      [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Mbxv3Q-Fl8[/media]

Not sure if it was fixed in the patch.

Comment

dnt think i had that problem i normally go for the safe shot in the upper body
        but for sniping never noticed, man i love sniping inn cod4 it rocks my socks so yeah normally i find the hitboxes decent even if everyone got a high ish ping of 120+

Comment

Thanks for linking that video iwantcable, that explains my problems headshotting last night, i wrongly chalked it up to lag.

Comment

Is there a "clank" sound (like a bullet hitting a helmet) when you get a headshot? I thought I heard a few yesterday when I was specifically going for some header challenges...

Comment

I've noticed that too, i just thought it was a hit registration sound, not sure if its for headshots.

Would make good sense tho.

Comment

Good vid, one of the "headshots" from behind then getting a normal body shot is exactly the experience I had (I didn't lag). The vid brought up numerous other issues too. I really hope they fix it because right now I'm scared to go for headshots and just unload in the torso area.

Comment

It actually takes 2 shots to the head to headshot in normal mode

Only 1 in hardcore

seriously dont know why they made it like that... its stupid imo

Comment

Yes, there is a clank sound when getting a headshot, i noticed it when getting all the SMG challenges. It was doing these challenges that has made me more likely to get headshots because ive learnt where to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by wenZECA View Post
                      It actually takes 2 shots to the head to headshot in normal mode

Only 1 in hardcore

seriously dont know why they made it like that... its stupid imo
                      Depends...
                      1. What weapon you have (damage).
                      2. If you have stopping power or no.
                      3. Whether they have juggernaut or no.

Comment

From that video it almost looks like the hit box is not moving with the head. If you think of it up and down, when the guy is leaning far back, the head is out of the strike area.

Maybe I am over-simplifying, but that is strange.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

^^^

I didnt think this game had hitboxes.

Comment

No, its suppose to be some pixel thing, but to describe this weird thing going on, I couldnt really explain it any other way.

I mean, your shooting pixels, so whats the problem?

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Its called Pixel Collision, and IMO, its VERY poorly demonstrated in this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X