Call of Duty 4 FAQ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 4 FAQ.

Yeah, I know. I copied Vreki's BF2142 FAQ idea and decided to make an FAQ for Call of Duty 4 using information found on the TGN forums, or on the internet. I can't help it if I really really liked his idea.

The ECP's Call of Duty 4 FAQ is essentially a collection of questions and answers found in dozens of threads that have long disappeared off of the front page of the CoD4 forums. Theres also a lot of references found on the official tips thread too. All credit is given to the people who originally offered up tips or answers via our Reference system. A list of references can be found at the bottom, so check to see if you were mentioned!

Also note that this FAQ is fully dynamic, so if you notice anything important missing, feel free to register and add to it yourself! Thats the beauty of the Strategy-Wiki! Because this is a Strategy-Wiki and not a Game-Wiki or Mod-Wiki, any information you add 'can' be claimed with a signature from the person who adds it. The signature may be changed to meet the beautification needs of the ECP, but it shall remain for as long as the Wiki Page survives. Please do not add vanity signatures to basic Game-Wiki or Mod-Wiki pages that are meant to be informational, and unbiased/neutral.

Strategy-Wiki's are just another innovation thought up by the people at the EncyClanPedia

Also remember that the original and most catered to purpose of the EncyClanPedia is for people to add their very own Clan-Wiki's! The Clan-Wiki's are completely secured with our innovative Clan-Liaison program, preventing non-clan representatives from accessing the editing function for specific protected Clan-Wiki pages. We're constantly advertising, and our visitor count is rising daily, so expect to hear from plenty of people looking for a clan. So sign up to make your very own Clan-Wiki today!

Youre in luck, I may lend my hand in this "Dai Ruka".

Comment

I cba to do it myself, but here are some good posts:
      Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

and /seta cl_connectionAttempts 30 for increasing the number of attempts before timed out while connecting to a server (Posted by alex98uk somewhere I think)

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable View Post
        ...Posted by alex98uk somewhere I think
        I thought that was posted by m3ow or Whiskey... :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
          I thought that was posted by m3ow or Whiskey... :hmm:
          For the sake of fairness. When I get around to adding this information, I'll give all three of them credits. I'm not adverse to giving credit where it's due on a strategy pages. Feel free to add your own strategies, and tag them. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
            ...I'm not adverse to giving credit where it's due on a strategy pages...
            Well, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
              Well, yeah.
              Your sarcasm is noted. :evil:

I guess nobody has anything else that they want to add? Surely theres something someone wants to be added to the page. =P

Comment

Steady Aim is great to use on semi-automatic weapons that have a fast rate of fire. However, it is practically useless on single shot weapons.
                Single shot = semi automatic

Should read:

Steady Aim is great to use on full-automatic weapons that have a fast rate of fire. However, it is practically useless on single shot (semi-automatic) weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
                  Single shot = semi automatic

Should read:

Steady Aim is great to use on full-automatic weapons that have a fast rate of fire. However, it is practically useless on single shot (semi-automatic) weapons.
                  Sorry.

I fixed it. Thank you for pointing that out.

Comment

Why is it useless on single shot weapons, its a must for the G3 or M14.

Comment

Definately not a must. Maybe it's not useless as stated in the FAQ, but generally the benefit will be bigger when you use it with a gun that is already good at close range, to make it even deadlier.

I still use it on most guns myself, because I don't like the other group 3 perks and it's better than nothing, even on the G3 and M14.

Comment

You'll notice that there are changes being made to the FAQ as people continue to discuss it.

The reason is because it's dynamic. If you see a problem. Point it out for us, or even feel free to register at the ECP to fix it yourself.

Comment

Just did a huge update on the FAQ.

I figure that two hours of scouring the internet for the most important (Optimization Tweaks) and vital information (Weapons Charts) on the game is worth a bump.

Comment

Holy mother of all gods. Youve truly outdone yourself. This is marvellous and I will forward the entire Wiki COD4 section to a few of my buddies who started playing this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                              Holy mother of all gods. Youve truly outdone yourself. This is marvellous and I will forward the entire Wiki COD4 section to a few of my buddies who started playing this game.
                              Thanks dude. I hope your buddies find it useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X