Issue with recording demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with recording demos

When i record a demo, and end record it just like i do in this thread: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=135140

..They are not in the demos folder (in fact there is no demos folder created). This is the same thing with screen shots. Is it a vista issue? What's the fix?

when you record it saves here
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos

you have to move it to the right directory which is
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare\demos

If the folder does not exist you will need to create a demos folder there.

Comment

so if the \main\demos folder does not exist.. create it and then it will start showing demos there?

Because it never created a demos folder in the main folder, and I can't find any demos to move in the first place

Comment

If I understand correctly, your issue is that when you actually record a demo, you can't find it in the folder listed in that thread. You can't even find the file to then move it to the ModWarfare folder to play it back. Correct?

Vista may indeed have a different path for the original saved demo file...try this:

C:\Users\<Vista Name Here>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos

Comment

Ive got vista and the demo folder is located in main for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
            If I understand correctly, your issue is that when you actually record a demo, you can't find it in the folder listed in that thread. You can't even find the file to then move it to the ModWarfare folder to play it back. Correct?

Vista may indeed have a different path for the original saved demo file...try this:

C:\Users\<Vista Name Here>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos
            There they are! Many thanks

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread but, I have this problem as well. when I record demos by doing this:

/demorec test

it never gives me a dialog that they are recording, and no folder or files are created.

I am running Windows XP, not Vista. Do I need a space after the / ? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbear(SID) View Post
                Sorry to bump an old thread but, I have this problem as well. when I record demos by doing this:

/demorec test

it never gives me a dialog that they are recording, and no folder or files are created.

I am running Windows XP, not Vista. Do I need a space after the / ? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
                The commands are "/record" and "/stoprecord"

Comment

still does nothing.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, the console accepts the command I think, if you've ever typed anything in that it doesn't accept it types it in the in game chat, and it doesn't do that when I type /record test

Just can't seem to figure it out.

Comment

Make sure to hold the shift key down and then the ~ key to open the command line. (the ~ key is below the esc key and above the tab key on the left on you keyboard) There is no space in either command except the name you give the demo when you start to record.
                    /record ambush is an example. To verify that the recording is going look at the bottom left corner of you monitor and you should see: RECORDING: ambush xxk
                    The xx will be numbers that increase as your recording goes on showing you the size of the recording. After you type in the commands to either record or stoprecord make sure to hold down the shift key and then the ~ key or you will be unable to move in the game because the console will still be open. Hope that helps. Just started makes some movies using the demos, FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker and I'm having a ball. Added music to the first one and now I will be hard pressed to come up with other suitable songs. Hope this helps and have fun recording.......

Comment

Working...
                    X