Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About getting kicked by PB

hi all

Some of my members and i have experience in the last few hours PB kicks is us out of our server and some different servers as well.And i heard some of my friends tallking about it as well.It loolks like there is issue whit people getting kicked from servers for no reason.And on side note yes our server is updated whit the last version of PB.And no none of my members and i use any cheats.

Any news or suggestions about this issue will be appreciated it.:salute:

Sorry for my in perfect english i hope you get the point.

Looks like PB pushed out another update tonight, and probably not all the servers or clients got it. This happens from time to time, and is likely the reason for the kicks.

Comment

well i keep getting kicked despite having updated through PBsetup and through manually saving the files to their correct destinations, its not the kicks that are annoying me, ITS THE DAM LAG!!!!

/rant on

i hardly ever rant on this forum so here goes

GET RID OF ****ING PB FFS!!!!!"

/rant over

Comment

lol, go ahead play on servers without pb if it bothers you so much

Comment

Just go here http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
          and let it update and then your ready to go.

Comment

1) i cant play on non PB servers, i get kicked instantly by PB...wtf????

2) i have done that and still no help

Seriously ive had it with PB, i have never not played a game where somewhere along the line PB has screwed it up, i cant even play Bf2142 anymore because PB thinks im hacking or some ****.

Im sick and tired of PB being a memory hog, causing ridiculous lag, screwing up every update. Its a ****e piece of software.

Comment

*Shock*

Christ i've never seen Eli getting emotional on forums lol

Comment

i was having a moment

But i still stick with what i said, to sum it up in a less dramatical way, PB sucks

Comment

Yesterday Punkbuster kept kicking me during my last hour of work, longest hour in history at work. I was ready to decap the first person that came up to my desk. I tried everything from opening additional ports for Punkbuster, manually updating, to uninstalling Punkbuster and reinstalling it.

I'll try that PBsetup thing next, didn't find that yesterday.

Comment

Yep, last night around 10-10:30 EST we had guild members who couldn't join our server, even though we had open slots. A couple of us dropped out to investigate and then couldn't get back in ourselves. As soon as you clicked "Connect" it would dump you into "Awaiting Key Code Authorization..."

The issues resolved itself within the hour, but it's happened before when PB pushes out an update. I'd wager there was a fresh round of PB Bans being handed out also.

Comment

PB is Horrible

I realize that evenbalance is trying to make a product to benefit all of us but the support is not there. You purchase a game from EA or Activision and in order to use it in multiplayer mode you must use PB.

When PB works its no big deal, how ever often it does not, but when it does not work everybody points the finger back at you, Game maker says its your hardware, firewall, OS, PB says it the game makers patch, I do not want to be in the middle I got a game to play it not play computer jockey. Im not a C++ programmer and I have no desire to unistall, reinstall, and try to figure out if something which takes a entire room of programmers to build is working correctly, I want to relax shoot a few people and move on, thats my beef with PB. :salute:

Comment

I noticed that lot of people got kicked by PB(including me) for some initialization(is it even typed right?) error...

I got it fixed with updating PB with the setup...

Comment

hmmm this calls for a Poll

Comment

Working...
                          X