Lock-up at load screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock-up at load screen.

A match just ended and after the countdown from the scoreboard ended instead of seeing the load screen/picture I see the black "SETTING UP GAME..." screen as well as "WAITING FOR SERVER TO LOAD MAP..." and it just froze there. I waited about a minute or so before I CRTL ALT DELETE then END TASKED to get back to desktop. I get a message stating that I chose to end a non responsive program "iw3mp.exe".

Fortunately I was able to get back into the game again and connect to the same server, loaded another map and no freezing. So do you think this was a crash or something to do with the connection/server?

Sounds like an error occurred with the server.

Comment

And these errors can cause the rest of us to simply freeze and risk having to do a hard reboot?

Comment

*shrugs*

PC's and games are both complex things, and get more complex as time goes by...lots of different bugs, freezes, hangs, crashes, etc., can happen.

Unless it keeps happening over and over again, I wouldn't worry about it. But yeah, stuff like that still does happen from time to time these days, on a variety of games - hell, even on non-gaming applications, conflicts can cause your PC to need a restart.

Comment

Working...
        X