Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get on the roof in Port Bavaria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get on the roof in Port Bavaria?

I have seen lots of defenders on the high roofs in Port Bavaria, but I can't figure out how they got up there. There are no APC's to use to pod up, nor are there any flying transports. Someone always makes it up, then lays down a beacon meaning the defenders have a huge advantage. How did they get up there? (the high roof meaning when you pod up as an attacker, you can land on the roof, but can't get up the steep sloped section to get on the very top).

Also, I have played in rounds where the driver of the APC drove up the snowbank to get the APC close enough that the attackers could land on the high roof. That proved to be invaluable in taking the port. I have tried to do this, but can't seem to get the damn thing to drive up the snowbank. I think it only works on the third port, but does anyone know? Even on the third port I ended up constantly falling short of the high roof once I got the APC somewhat up the hill.

Thanks,
    DD.

well its possible you need to get to the front and climb up on it

Comment

There's a pod launcher at the PAC main base, I use it at least to get on top of the towers. But there are ladders too.

Comment

PAC can just hop right up, its no challenge but the EU has to drive up the hill a bit. Its not that hard

Comment

Just drive the APC up the hill on the left. Trial and error - there is a section just before the hill that is not too steep to stop the APC. Then there is a point about 30 metres up where you turn right. You have to balance the APC on a ridge so it's level or you can't pod out. It's just practice in the end.

Once you get that spot it makes attacking the Goliath spawn much easier.

Comment

If you are defending you need to go around to the side and there is a dark colored section you can sprint/jump your way up.

Comment

Scroll down this thread and find my post with the SS. It will hsow you how to get the apc up closer. Then, find an empty Port Bavaria server and practice the route.

Comment

you as EU, go to the sides of the shelter (the one where it is depressed inwards), and just like spartan said, keep jumping and moving forwards facing it lol

Comment

Working...
                X