Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop

Hey guys, does anyone know of a laptop that will play cod4??

If any of them will probably an Alienware or one of the higher HP/Dell ones. Maybe. IDK I'm not a big Laptop fan

Comment

Alienware should, just make sure that the laptop meets min sys req

Comment

Lol.. That cracks me up.

I've got a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 9300, with a 2.0 Pentium M, 1GB ram, and a nvidia go6800 and it plays it fine on low settings (maybe 1 or 2 mid), no AA, and at a res of 1440 x 900. It's no 80fps but it plays it well. Just be sure to get one with a dedicate high end laptop videocard. That means it'll have to be 17" or bigger.

I think the new version of mine is the 1720. That'd probably be the cheapest one out there that will run it, (need to upgrade to the highest gfx card available in it though)

Comment

Why not buy a console with monitor attachment instead ^^

Comment

Actually a lot of 15.4 in laptops have dedicated vid cards, but yes 17" ones tend to be geared more to the high end gaming market. I know Asus, toshiba, LG, and acer all have laptops with either 8600s or 2600 in them, obviously in the $1000 or above range. There is also 8800 GT and GTX mobile vid card that I've heard are suppose to come out at some point soon.

Comment

My bro plays on a (high end) laptop and it works fine.

Comment

I've got an Asus C90s that plays COD4 on all high (Extra).

You can probably get a notebook for about $1500 that'll play this game on high. I know dell has a deal on the New XPS1530 for about $1300 with $200 off if you look on techbargains.com (with 2.2Ghz CPU and 8600M GT DDR3), I recommend you get your RAM else where for alot cheaper. Another, I'm tempted to dig into my savings to buy notebooks (already made an agreement that I wouldn't till there are 100% Penry based notebooks are out), right now just looking to upgrade my notebooks video card to either the 8800M or wait till the 9600M comes along.

Comment

any laptop with a Core 2 Duo or higher and a 7800 or better... but if you wanna play at high setting's ur gonna want a 8800 in ur lappy...

Comment

Originally posted by exe163 View Post
                    Why not buy a console with monitor attachment instead ^^
                    Ew. (message length)

Comment

Lol, I use a Mobility x700 Radeon, and play mostly high at a low res. Good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X