No announcement yet.

Weapon Chart COD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A listen server is just the simple one you can run on your own PC and play on at the same time (in contrast, a dedicated server is one that runs on a PC, but no one plays on that specific PC - all its resources are dedicated to running the game server).

To run a listen server, select "Create New Server" in the Multiplayer section. It may or may not show up on the server browser list, however, due to various bugs, so your friends may have to connect directly via entering the IP in the console (note: if they do this, they will NEED to enter the port number as well, or they'll get an error).

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
      If you are in motion however (ie. strafing), then the MP5 is more accurate (ie. tighter bullet pattern). Same number of bullets were fired in both cases, and Steady Aim was not used.
      actually that sounds right, i was going for the headshots so if i saw a guy at range i took my time to get the shot, and it felt like no recoil or range deterioration.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
        A listen server is just the simple one you can run on your own PC and play on at the same time (in contrast, a dedicated server is one that runs on a PC, but no one plays on that specific PC - all its resources are dedicated to running the game server).

To run a listen server, select "Create New Server" in the Multiplayer section. It may or may not show up on the server browser list, however, due to various bugs, so your friends may have to connect directly via entering the IP in the console (note: if they do this, they will NEED to enter the port number as well, or they'll get an error).
        Gotcha. I was wondering if it was "listening" to events and writing a log file. I'd normally call a "listen server" a "shared server or local server" in other games. Thanks for the 'splainer.

Comment

Working...
        X