Move around starting map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move around starting map

When you decide on a server to play on you click the "Join" button. This takes you to the opening screen that has a map of the game being played and a column on the left that allows you to choose a kit, join or create a squad, etc. If you click the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the map, the map and "kit" column disappear, giving you a view of the current map.

My question is how do you move around that map? The movement keys, w,s,d and a don't move me around but they do work fine in a demo. Please tell me what I am missing.

Try resetting the controls to default in the settings tab. They sometimes get wiped clean.

It should be WASD by default.

Comment

It depends on the server settings. Some servers let you have a free cam of the entire map, some let you view players in third-person, some have both, and some don't have any. First of all, you need to respawn and die atleast once. Then, to activate one of the camera modes, you press the space bar. And to switch to third-person (if there is one) you press the space bar again.

Comment

You click on different spots and the view takes you there. Tomeis is talking about the spectator mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
          You click on different spots and the view takes you there. Tomeis is talking about the spectator mode.
          He said "If you click the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the map, the map and "kit" column disappear, giving you a view of the current map.

My question is how do you move around that map?"

Which is spectate mode, isn't it? :hmm:

Comment

i think u have to die first (not be critically wounded)

and hten u can hit either C or spacebar and itll take u to diff camera views.

but its also depended on the server settings.

Comment

Tomeis is correct. I admin a couple of BF2 servers and sometimes I just want to admin and not play. It is difficult to decide who is doing what just by the chat in BF2CC so I wanted to be able to actually spectate.

Thanks for the suggestions. The one that works is that I need to die once and when I spawn, deselect any spawn points and hit the space bar. I am then able to move around the map just like watching a demo.

I knew that I would get the right answer from you guys and I was right. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X