Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very old problem!! I cant find the solution!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very old problem!! I cant find the solution!!

Hey everyone. Just joined the site because i have this stupid problem to deal with. I used to be a frequent BF2 player ages ago, the my pc ****ed out, so I havent played in ages. Just installed it 3 days ago and downloaded the 1.41 patch and it comes up with what you guys would probably call " the good old lightning.fx problem." Now, i realise that alot of people have this problem after they install Special Forces. I havent installed SF. I have looked for the lightning.fx file everywhere and I have had no luck.

Should lightning.fx be installed on my computer when I install the game or when I run the patch? Because everytime I run the patch, it says PATCHING FAILED, i click ok and then it comes up with INSTALLATION SUCCESSFULL message. Where am I going wrong? I have installed the game and ran the patch, then unistalled, then installed and ran the patch and etc....

I have alson looked for the lighning.fx file in the Shaders_Client.zip folder and its not there? Does anyone know where it is?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

it should come with the patch. try getting the patch from somewhere else and reinstalling the whole game.

Comment

yeah ill try and get the patch from somewhere else. i dont have to download all the patches prior to the new one and install them in order or anything do i? does it matter if my BF2 cd is old?

downloaded the patch again and it says patching failed again!! after the 10th time ffs im getting really annoyed. and again the lightning.fx file is missing..... ??? any ideas?

Comment

this is from the FAQs
        Problem - Mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx not found
        Cause - Possible bad install/patch
        Fix - First Try applying the latest full patch from here
        If that doesn't work, Move your BF2 folder from my documents and put it on your desktop and repatch. If that still fails, goto;
        C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2
        Exact Shaders_client.zip into the
        C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\shaders
        Folder and see if that helps.

Comment

cheers virus, thanx for replying. ok, ive installed the patch and it installed fully 100%. thats one problem fixed. now when i enter a game it loads, sometimes not fully and then comes an exclamtion noise and brings me to desktop where a message appears.

BF2 memory error. sanity check : block size... then all these numbers... then it says memory doesnt seem sane. have you heard of this problem? if so, why is it appearing and what can i do to fix it.

thanx for helping me out

Comment

Working...
          X