No announcement yet.

No jumps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it's got nothing to do with bunny hopping or any such thing...it's really more a matter of feeling very restricted when I cannot jump in a game. It's like not having "sprint" in a FPS...it drives me crazy now.

Comment

I wish it was just the jumping, now their using the old jumping and go prone in mid air, while shooting accuratly, that is a problem. They should disable jumping and shooting all together. Or work somethign out with the animation.

Comment

i wouldnt mind disabling jumping and shooting i guess.

Comment

Im ok with the jumping. I do it time to time. Maby if they make it so you cant jump and shoot? Just an Idea but that would take out the Jump and Kill 2 Enemies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by {Truth}Peregrine View Post
            Im ok with the jumping. I do it time to time. Maby if they make it so you cant jump and shoot? Just an Idea but that would take out the Jump and Kill 2 Enemies challenge.
            You can shoot anyway if ur falling out of a window... CAN U?...

Comment

i think they made it possible to bunny hop and shoot for a reason, it dosen't bother me that much. if you have deep impact perk or double tap, it dosen't matter, you can put them down. i mean at some point everyone does it. i'm not an avid bunny hopper, usually cause i get shot from behind or sniped

and you complete challenges from getting a kill while in the air

Comment

While I don't "like it" I only find myself disliking it when someone gets the upperhand on me while doing it. Come on, lets be honest here. It really pisses you off when that happens, right?

There's things you can do to diminish the impact of a bunny-hopper. In fact, this game doesn't allow for real bunnyhopping. But, it does allow a wide latitude of movement and I find that to be a good thing.

1. Be prepared. Once you ID a player in a round as a Hopper, expect him to do it again. This time be ready for him.

2. Aim a little higher. You should be aiming for high center mass. That is upper torso and neck area. If you are aiming there, you'll hit normal targets as well as these more dynamic targets. Be prepared to aim from the hip as the target approaches melee range.

3. Move faster. That's right, you need to practice moving your toon. If you're laying on the ground all the time as a sniper, you're probably simply moving from place-to-place. You need to learn to duck and weave, circle strafe and change your toon's stance -- all during movement.

4. Melee! You've got a knife which is programmed to kill if you get in position and press the button at the right time. I recommend binding a button you can instantaneously press to this action. I've got mine as R mouse and use the scroll wheel to aim down the sight.

Practice these things and you'll be prepared to take on fast-moving, dynamic opposition soldiers. Where do I get this practice? Find your local Free For All server with a reduced population of 6-10 players and attempt to kill every soldier you see. After doing this a number of times, you'll feel much more accepting of the way the game already exists.

Have fun. :salute:

Comment

My belief is this: if the programmers allow it, it isn't cheating.

In fact, bitching and complaining about someone else using a tactic.. THAT is cheating. You are trying to dictate the rules of the game to others.

Comment

This here... is the very "problem" that was had with BF2, they got rid of it, and now the game is teh ghey.

Keep it this way... I like it. Especially those of us coming from CoD2 find this to be normal.

Comment

I'm a bunny hopper. Except, I do it with an M16. I'm not an "SMG hopping noob." What can I say... it's useful, but only in CQC or when I'm surprised. When I know someone's around the corner, I'll hop across the corner shooting in the air and then he's usually dead by the time I hit the ground. That's a free burst before your feet touch the ground -- it'd be tactically stupid for one not to use this as an advantage.

It's throws people off a lot, because many people instinctively aim lower at center mass in CQC. Suddenly, they're shooting your ankles or between your legs, while you still have sights on their center/upper mass.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
                        I'm a bunny hopper. Except, I do it with an M16. I'm not an "SMG hopping noob." What can I say... it's useful, but only in CQC or when I'm surprised. When I know someone's around the corner, I'll hop across the corner shooting in the air and then he's usually dead by the time I hit the ground. That's a free burst before your feet touch the ground -- it'd be tactically stupid for one not to use this as an advantage.

It's throws people off a lot, because many people instinctively aim lower at center mass in CQC. Suddenly, they're shooting your ankles or between your legs, while you still have sights on their center/upper mass.
                        Exactly my point, thank you sir.

Comment

1 Jump = tactical game play.

I dare someone to try and play well while repeatedly hitting the jump button, you move at snail's pace and are easily hit, therefore "Bunny Hoppers" really aren't a problem.

And to whoever said remove being able to shoot in mid-air, please don't give activision ideas, I love jumping of a building with my dragunov spraying and praying! (Then dying)

Comment

Im thikning they should change jumping to climbing would make more sense .

Comment

Working...
                            X