So, I tried out the M16A4 and ACOG...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I tried out the M16A4 and ACOG...

And I have no idea why people think the thing sucks. The reflex sight is still better in most cases, since the maps tend to be more urban, and even on overgrown and downpour, the choke points are all very claustrophobic. But, loading up the ACOG on my M16 really improved my long distance accuracy. I had to get used to the sway, but it's predictable and you can just move your mouse to compensate. I think it's good, though the reflex is still better all around.

Yeah the reflex is the all around best just becuase the map's.. But I would rather just play as sniper if I was going to use the ACOG.. Thing is now that the sniper is fixed I can't handle playing Deathmatch servers everyone just camp's.. So I play HQ all the time and I do good in them servers.. I have always been an RPD man.. I know the M4 beat's the RPD in most cases but I can do pretty good with the RPD and most of the time alot better then the M4 users.. it will pretty take a few day's for thing's to get back to normal anyway.. Sniping is ok sometimes but I really get to bored.. and the wat map's are when I snipe a bnuch of people always spawn behind me.. I dont get why they dont make spawn points like each team gets a side of the map to spawn on.. that would fix alot of thing's..

Comment

I gotta say i just stick with the reflex, i find it fine for lining up long distance targets. Might give the ACOG another try tho, might come in handy on some of the middle eastern maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21 View Post
        I gotta say i just stick with the reflex, i find it fine for lining up long distance targets. Might give the ACOG another try tho, might come in handy on some of the middle eastern maps.
        It will help but the area's it does help in you will rarly be in.. It really is just not worth it.. the only thing it is good for is the 50.cal so you dont need to hold your breath you can just aim and shoot (1 shot kill in chest).. I realy hate that but hey what are you gonna do..

Comment

^ Agreed, its very situational, I haven't really found a situation where it would be the best option, at long range my RPD + grip serves me well enough, esp on hardcore where it can drop with a single shot.

Comment

I use the M16 w/ ACOG in my main S&D class and have had very good results. The only map I don't use it on is Vacant (where I go P90 whoring.) I really haven't had any sway issues since the patch. It's a very quick fluid process:

-Acquire Target
            -Bring up Scope
            -Fire

At short range I don't use the scope unless I'm behind someone and not in a good position to knife.

Comment

I unlocked the ACOG on my AK47 last night and the first round I got a 15 and a 10 round killing streak. I dunno the map name but it was that really small one with the temple or whatever in the middle with 2 floors and the open area in it. Honestly, I never thought an attachment could make such a difference. I have no idea why people say it sucks. Just toss on stopping power and I use my AK for long distance now too.

Comment

Lazy you are talking about Showdown.

I like the M16 w/Acog, I used it alot until I decided to use other weapons so i can get the challenges completed for them, once I do that, I'll go back to my ACOG/M16

Comment

Did I mention the ACOG on my Mini Uzi is uber sexy? :guns:

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly
                    Did I mention the ACOG on my Mini Uzi is uber sexy? :guns:
                    lol - I would not have thought about trying the ACOG on the uzi.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
                      And I have no idea why people think the thing sucks. The reflex sight is still better in most cases, since the maps tend to be more urban, and even on overgrown and downpour, the choke points are all very claustrophobic. But, loading up the ACOG on my M16 really improved my long distance accuracy. I had to get used to the sway, but it's predictable and you can just move your mouse to compensate. I think it's good, though the reflex is still better all around.
                      That's why I got two kits with it, it simply owns!

Rifleman

M16A4+ACOG+Red Tiger
                      M1911
                      Bandolier
                      Stopping Power
                      Steady Aim

Marksman

M14+ACOG+Red Tiger
                      M9 Beretta
                      Bandolier
                      Stopping Power
                      Steady Aim

Basically if you have an ACOG you use that for long range, and the Steady Aim just owns CQB!

Comment

Working...
                      X