Finally figured COD 4 out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally figured COD 4 out!

After a month of playing this game I finally figured out how to play! You just run around with your head cut off shooting at everything that moves until you get killed. I don't know about everyone else but I like to relax a little when I play PC! That''s out the window with this game! Then at the end you hope your k/d is positive and you get a few points. What is the point. Where is the strategy...this game is no different than doom,quake or unreal T. The unlocks are a joke, and you can max out in like 2 days! People can say how much they hate bf series compared to cod 4...that's just steam because it's a new game, but in the end I still think it's better overall. For those reading this and thinking I'm crazy, just play a little longer you'll see. There is just no depth to the game. At least you have to actually work to get your unlocks in BF 2142 (my fav. game). I really sucked at this game and maxed out in no time....about 2 days! I liked this game when I got used to it. Problem is I only have 4 days playing time on the game and I am already bored! I have played Battlefield 2142 for going on two years and still love to play it! I will be ditching COD 4 to go back to Battlefield, I just think there is more strategy and depth. This post is no disrespect for those of you that swear by COD 4, just my opinions compared to Battlefield series in my words.

Wow,do something else than play a game straight for 4 days.

Comment

TIP: Dont play pub servers.

Comment

he means 4 days of total play time.

Also I agree with u but the whole idea of going through the ranks so quicky is so that it doesn't become a battlefield type game where there are star ladders and point whores

My suggestion to u is try something new like go around with only a silenced Uzi and crap perks like eaves drop. Or be a sniper and only be prone the whole map and act like u would be a real sniper. IMO starting new strategies is a lot more fun

Comment

DrTR3 I have tried the sniping thing but what happens is after about five minutes the enemy spawns on you because there are no set spawn places.

Comment

Originally posted by Support_Hog
            DrTR3 I have tried the sniping thing but what happens is after about five minutes the enemy spawns on you because there are no set spawn places.
            cant complain baserape then.

Comment

That's the point there is no depth of strategy here...you just run out to get kills until you die. I don't find that fun, it is very stressful. Like the cats!

Comment

Depends on how you play, you can't say its like this in every server on every game mode. The game is what you make of it, if i want to play all run and gun on a server then I will select that sort of class, if i want to sit back and snipe then ill select that class, if i want to be stealthy have a little fun and relax as I play (by no means am i comping) then i'll select my stealthy class.

You just whining . Sit back find a decent server and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Support_Hog View Post
                  (long post with a lot of exclamation marks)
                  I HAVE NO IDEA WHY WE ARE YELLING!

I am finding it hard to even think of this game as boring. Play a different game type, game mode, or on a different server. You might also be playing too much in too little time.

Comment

Im not whining....Just stating my opinions!

That could be true also Spik! I have played alot since I got the game. I have had it about 2 weeks.

Comment

You just run around with your head cut off shooting at everything that moves until you get killed.
                      That can be said for most multiplayer first person shooter games...
                      Originally posted by RedxInk View Post
                      Seriously the game has been out for i think 3years or close to it and the majority of the people in BF2 are still retarded as heck. It gets me sooooo aggrivated to see people running around cluelessly.
                      What is the point.
                      To have fun maybe?
                      Where is the strategy...this game is no different than doom,quake or unreal T.
                      Or any other multiplayer game...
                      The unlocks are a joke, and you can max out in like 2 days! People can say how much they hate bf series compared to cod 4...that's just steam because it's a new game, but in the end I still think it's better overall.
                      That's the whole point; to get everything unlocked in a few days so that new players won't be over run with high ranked players. One of the IW guys said that in an interview along those lines.
                      Originally posted by Support_Hog
                      That's the point there is no depth of strategy here...you just run out to get kills until you die.
                      That can be said for most multiplayer first person shooter games... Like BF2142...

Comment

deathmatch/team deathmatch/fragfests piss the hell outa me especially with over 20 players...

try playing a few servers with 6 a side with objectives like domination or headquarters

im an ex bf2142 and i understand what you mean but try mix it up

Comment

You do know you can always create a new profile with no unlocks if you like, or you can just tun around with an unmodded MP5 and the starting perks, it's not like you HAVE to use the new stuff.

Honestly I don't understand why having stuff unlocked is a problem, it makes things fun. I think the unlocks are more like training wheels to allow new players (like me) to get use to how to play so we don't get the highest level guns and ignore the rest. I have to admit I never would have fallen in love with the AK otherwise.

I don't see how battlefield is more than running around and trying to kille people over and over until the match ends....did I miss the part where it's a first person shooter? I dunno maybe I haven't played the battlefield series enough years to "get it"....

I think where CoD 4 would REALLY outshine the battlefield series (though I think it is a better game already) would be in tournament play like OGL or CAL. The potential for strategery in this game surpasses the BF series by a great deal.

Comment

Ok well for starters...the battlefield games are massive maps and obviously going to be more strategic with tanks, heli's, planes. And all that crap..If you want that kind of thing...dont get CoD4

You should have known that you were going to get a game totally different to the BF series. If you dont like it...again dont get the game

I dont see the reason for posting here about how you dont like the game and you wasted your time seriously if you dont like it why did you play it for so long?

I say you should just pack the game up and go back to your crappy BF game if thats what suits you

Comment

I would recommend search and destroy and/or get in a clan and do a couple of scrims/matches. Totally changes EVERYTHING!!

Comment

Working...
                              X