No players\profile folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No players\profile folder

I read all about how to transfer your stats... I have my stats saved to a flash drive off of my old computer. The problem is I have no players or profile folder on my new computer. I have tried making a new one in the game and the folder still does not exist.

Anyone have any idea what or where I need to put this mpdata file at? I have tried making the file and put the whole folder off of the old computer on there with no luck still.

Thanks

Make an account in-game, play a game. Now, when you quit the game, the folder should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
      Make an account in-game, play a game. Now, when you quit the game, the folder should be there.

Ya I did that in multiplayer. I made an account with my same name and a new name. I played MP for a while got up to lvl 8 and quit. Still no folder...

I never did complete a full mission in SP though, I'll have to try that...

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

It's there somewhere on your PC, you just have to find it. Default pathway is: C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<profile_name_here> but if you installed to a custom location on your PC, or purchased electronically, the path might be different.

Try clicking START->Search from your taskbar and doing a search for "mpdata".

Comment

you have vista? If so the player profile is here C:\Users\"Vista Profile Here"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision

You will have to show hidden folders to get to it, It is in the folder organize tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Reign
            you have vista? If so the player profile is here C:\Users\"Vista Profile Here"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision

You will have to show hidden folders to get to it, It is in the folder organize tab.
            Yup I have vista...

Thank you for that location! It now works!

Even with a search vista would not find the mpdata file. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X