Connection probs. with good ping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection probs. with good ping

I've always lost connection to a server (in the form of being disconnected and dumped back to the multiplayer games list) every now and then, but not very often at all. Around thanksgiving time, I started disconnecting from servers more often; several times during a match. These are the kind of connection problems where I'll be playing and without warning I'm looking at the server list with a notice box informing me that "your connection to the server has been lost."

This is getting really annoying, and to make things worse, I've started getting the yellow "there is a problem with your connection" message in-game, the kind that pop up for a few seconds and everything stops and if you get get disconnected, it will return to normal play shortly. Now, if I can actually get on to a server for a while before I'm kicked off, i get these annoying yellow connection problems. Supposedly hitting esc helps, but if I have to do this every 30 seconds, what's the point?

My ping is usually in the 40s. My settings have been reduced to the lowest possible, with VOIP and EAX turned off. I have manually updated my punkbuster, my firewall is turned off with the ports opened anyway, only to have the same effect. I have comcast, a Pentium 4 3.2GHz processor, geforce 7300 gts, and 1.5gig RAM, so I should have no problem meeting the minimum requirements.

Battlefield is my favorite game to play. It's awesome and it relieves some of the stress from AP classes and preparing for my auditions into music school. Is there anyone who knows what the problem might be? Can't anyone bring my baby back?
    Thanks in advance for any ideas or support, and I'm sorry if that was rather long.

try EA tech support. it will take like 2-3 tries cause they cant answer a question right the first time, but eventually you'll get an answer that will at least point you in the right direction.

Comment

do you use wireless?

Comment

I want the answer aswell....i made a new soldier and it takes ages 2 validate or whatever is on the end of loading the map and when the game finishes it takes about 3 min 2 get back 2 the scoreboard WTF.....this is going 2 make me Insane!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad View Post
          do you use wireless?
          No. I have a router capable of wireless, but I've got my computer plugged straight into it.

I think I'm going to contact EA. If anyone has any ideas in the meantime and in case it takes a while to get an answer from them, let me know. Thanks.

Comment

i don't really know what's wrong... do you share your internet connection with other people in your house?
            try resetting your router as well, it's helped me a few times.

Comment

another thing kindof like what AmericanDad said, my guitar teacher lives in an apartment complex and uses his neighbor's internet connection, and his neighbor doesn't know... so, would it be possible that another person or multiple people are using your internet? (you would have to live pretty close to other people, and you could probably figure out just how close by looking at the distance strength of your router's connection, and accounting for walls and floors).

Comment

that's easy just access your router through your browser, using 192.168.1.1 or whatever your lan ip is, look at the active user list, you'll see if any undesired users are leeching off your connection

Comment

Working...
                X