DP Perk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP Perk

Me and a friend were on a server last night and went through the weapons to see which ones could shoot through brickwalls and which could not.

Our tests showed that shottys, handguns (not deagle), skorpion, mp5, and p90 were the only weapons that could NOT go through the walls.

I was really surprised with that and so I decided to post and see what others had to say;

1. Whats the point of deep inmpact if only a handful of guns can use it?

or

2. Does it increase damage through the wall so all those guns that can do it, do it with more power and the guns that cant, are able to?

From what I have seen in doing this, there is no real need for deep impact. To me, if someone runs behind a wall for cover, thats good because a.) they are no longer firing at me. b.) that gives me time to adjust or shoot through the walls with whatever weapon I have.

Let me know your thoughts,

edit: Also, with no health indicator, when we did use DI, we could not tell much difference.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

I think firing through walls without it still means the bullet goes through, but the damage is decreased, using the perk means it keeps its normal damage and basically acts as though the wall isn't there.

I think thats right anyway, if not then feel free to enlighten me, anyone?

Comment

Deep impact serves its name. It makes it easier for bullets to go thru walls thus increasing the damage those bullets do because the velocity of the bullet would increase and not be slowed down by friction.

Comment

Let's say an M60 does 25% damage when shot through a wall, DI makes it do 50%. The numbers are made up, but that's the general idea.

Perhaps P90s and such still don't do over 0% with this little boost?

Comment

Do some more tests and report back, I wouldnt mind finding out about some of the other perks either but I'm all alone and cant test with someone else

Try some stuff out :salute:

Comment

im SURE the P90 goes through the walls on DI.

Comment

RPD for life.. it is my most all around weapon.. But on really close range map's I use the P90 of corse... I am kinda looking for another good gun to use.. My main AR would be the G36C but the M4 seem's to be better in game sadly..

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                RPD for life.. it is my most all around weapon.. But on really close range map's I use the P90 of corse... I am kinda looking for another good gun to use.. My main AR would be the G36C but the M4 seem's to be better in game sadly..
                ???

Is it just me or does that have nothing to do with deep impact?

Comment

No Fox, youre right

The P90 (as well as all other guns mentioned) will shoot through the walls with DI.

As for testing if it makes it more powerful or not, there really is no way to say. Theres no health bar. I would think Foxs' thoughts are probably right on.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                  X