surround issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surround issues

I just got a logitech Z5500 connect thru SPDIF to a soundblaster audigy 2 ZS

In F.E.A.R. I get full surround, but in battlefield 2 somethings goes wrong.

I only get sounds coming face forward, if somethings happens behind me I wont hear it. I got newest drivers to my soundblaster, XP, and BF2 patch 1.41. In other games I can set surround sound 5.1 but not in battlefield.

Now I have started to question if battlefield 2 have surround support at all.

other strange things,
    if I sit in the gun turret ("F2" ) I wont hear the main gun firing or the tank sounds.

if I drive a hummer truck I can hear all car sounds if the camera is in the car, any angle on the outside I wont hear any carrelated sounds.

anyone else who got these issues with battlefield 2 and surround sound ?

kind regards ahlis

My only guess is that BF2 doesn't work with the SPDIF. Try using the RCA connections on the back of the sound card.

Comment

already tried that .. same results ..

kind regards ahlis

Comment

Maybe an obvious thing, but have you checked the EAX thinggy in Bf2 sound options?

Comment

already tried that too.

The EAX is mostly to my knowledge about enviromental sounds, like if you are in a cave. In short .. different kinds of echoes ..

OKi Found the error ... Im stupid..

in order to make this work standard settings in the soundcard must be changed.
          CMSS must but switched off and by doing so the card will not give a SPDIF signal ( thats likely why I had it on ) on top of it you have to use the analouge 6 ch direct settings on your hifi equipment.

If you try to use any kind of built in THX it will only result in loss of sounds ...

anyway .. case closed

thanx for everyones input ..

kind regards ahlis

Comment

check to see that your sound is set to 5.1 surround in the sound setup control panel in th windows control panel. there should be a button in the lower right corner of your screen where the clock is, it looks like a white box with a blue speaker in it. right click that and choose speaker settings and thne select 5.1 surround sound. also you may want to consider setting it to 4.1 for everything because for some reason most games just sound horrible (my opinion at least) with 5.1 surround sound, because for some reason all the sounds from any actions going on in front of you get pumped through that middle speaker. this actually happens in pretty much every game on pc and it sucks. the 5th speaker sounds like a good idea but really is useless because you get a much more immersive experience with 4.1 speakers.

Comment

^^He fixed his problem...

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                ^^He fixed his problem...
                when i posted the thread only showed up to post #3 and i have no idea why.

Comment

Working...
                X