Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

save mp data to save rank&perks ya right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• save mp data to save rank&perks ya right!

i was told to save mp data to save rank&perks before i uninstall. So thats what i did. now that ive reinstalled and replaced the mp data file with the one i backed up , ive found that ive lost all my rank and perks. this f...n blows so bad i dont even want to play any more.If any of you more experianced guys can tell me how to rectify this issue short of playing another 70 some odd hours . i would greatly appreciate it.

Did you save just the mp data or the whole folder!Cause i have reinstalled a few times and formatted once but didnt loose my rank!

Comment

The mpdata file is encrypted with your CD key, so make sure that you got the key right.

Comment

Theres a sticky about how to do it the right way for the future.

If any of you more experianced guys can tell me how to rectify this issue short of playing another 70 some odd hours
        should'nt take that long to get back the points, playing Sabatage game mode you can rack up quite alot of points.

Comment

I had some problems few days ago with the stats too...

Everytime i started MP it said MP data corrupt your stats has been reset...

I re-installed and put the backup of the profiles back and it worked like charm...

Comment

Ugh. Stat whores. Hate 'em.

Comment

i just saved mp data file

i just saved mp data file as i was told to do. so maybe i did not get the whole story.if someone could spell it out to me exactly that would be great. Or maybe im just doing it wrong? It really blows I dont even want to play anymore.Its like going to work without any tools because someones stolen them....whats the point. so ne way thanks for listening and the support.. love the community

Comment

under program files/activision/cod4/players, just copy and pastes the whole profile folder and save it in your My documents in a folder of your joice.

Once you uninstall/reinstall just copy and paste the profile folder you saved back in the program files/activision/cod4/players folder, overwrite = yes and you should be good to go.

Comment

Here's what I found. The "profiles" folder should be saved. It has 2 more folders in it. "yourplayer name" and an active.txt
                  In that is another 'yourname folder and a 'save' folder, an 'mpdata' folder, a 'config.cfg folder and a 'config_mp.cfg' folder.
                  When I pasted the profiles into my re-installed game, the stats didn't show up. Tried and tried, no luck. Then I went into the folder(on my C drive) and found it had created anothe folder with the old stats in it. I just cut-n-pasted the saved stats into the newer one. Just a page away from it. Then it worked. Always just save the profiles folder.

Comment

kool thanks for the help. I didnt save the profiles folder before but i will from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                    X