Lock Up At Welcome Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Up At Welcome Screen

i cant for the life of me figure out why my pc is freezing everytime i open bf2...im a bit fu*&$d off as i payed $65 for the game and havent had a chance to use it yet can someone please help.....i have all the system requirements

AMD athlon(tm) xp 2800+
    2.08 GHz
    1.00 G ram
    RADEON 98000SE 128 card

its a piece of **** i know

Originally posted by r00boy View Post
    i cant for the life of me figure out why my pc is freezing everytime i open bf2...im a bit fu*&$d off as i payed $65 for the game and havent had a chance to use it yet can someone please help.....i have all the system requirements

AMD athlon(tm) xp 2800+
    2.08 GHz
    1.00 G ram
    RADEON 98000SE 128 card

its a piece of **** i know
    You paid $65 you were robbed.
    the games so old now .

Comment

no **** but i love the game

its so addictive well i will be honest i think it was more like $55 lol

Comment

can u be a bit more detailed on "my pc is freezing everytime i open bf2"

can you see the login menu?
        does your computer crash/reboot
        etc

Comment

it depends.... sometimes i can see the login screen....and others it just locks up on the fuzzy grey screen and the music just keeps playing...but i cant alt tab, ctrl+del or anything i need to restart every time

thats odd y does it say that i am 9 lol im not 9 wtf

CPU
          Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP
          You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ PASS
          CPU Speed
          Minimum: 2.4 GHz
          You Have: 2.08 GHz Performance Rated at 2.80 GHz PASS
          System RAM
          Minimum: 1 GB
          You Have: 1023.4 MB PASS
          Operating System
          Minimum: Windows XP/Vista
          You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600) PASS
          Video Card
          Minimum: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
          You Have: RADEON 9200 SE (RADEON 9200 SE AGP (0x5964)) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
          Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
          Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
          Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
          Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 1.1
          Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 1.4

i did a test to see if i can run bf2 and everything passed except the vertex shader and pixel shader....would that stop the game from running tho????

i understand that it might make game play slower or look bad but not stop it from running at all

so i just figured out my pc does reboot

Comment

Change the AGP GART from 8x to 4x in the Catalyst control center.
            Reboot system after applying changes.

Comment

sorry can u please tell me how to do that lol im pretty much computer retarded

Comment

Open the "Smart GART" tab in the ATI Catalyst control panel, open that by clicking the ATI icon by your system clock, there you can change between 8x, 4x.
                Once set go into your systems BIOS (usually F2 or Del key after POST) and make sure AGP speed is set to 4x there too.

Comment

scan you computer for viruses & adware, defrag the hdd, clean up windows using ccleaner, remove unwanted programs from eating your resources on windows.

Comment

yeah do wat DrunkenPirate says. i had a laptop with a 9200 in it and i had to do that to get hte game to work.

Comment

i can get into my smartgart but the changes dont stick and i cant get into my bios (only coz i dont know what that is) thanks for your help but how do i get into bios

Comment

make sure u hit applied when changing AGP speed and u'll also have to reboot.

BIOS is...well idk how to describe it but it has alot of controls and settings to your computer bascially when your Comptuer is booting up, repeatedly hit F2, F1, or Delete before the XP loading screen comes up. it varies. usually you will see "Hit F2 to enter setup".

Comment

thanks but now i have another problem i downloaded the latest driver for my radeon 98000se but now when i open my ati controll panel the smart gart tab is nolonger there

Comment

What version.

Comment

wat do u mean wat version
                              ??? catalyst version 0.63
                              thats the only version info i cld find soz if u know how i can find more let me know plz

Comment

Working...
                              X