Changing Scope Reticles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Scope Reticles

Anyone know where the files are to change how the scope reticles look. Something I can open up and use in photoshop. I can only find the textures for the actual gun and the only scope files are the actual scope mounted on the rifle. I want to adjust what some of the scopes look like when you right click.

Im not sur but i think that the recticle is actually part of the gun

Comment

so would it not be editable? I tried looking through all of the textures for all of the guns and can't find anything that is what you see when you right click to aim.

Comment

Originally posted by xxjaymzxx View Post
        so would it not be editable? I tried looking through all of the textures for all of the guns and can't find anything that is what you see when you right click to aim.
        I think it would be editable in gmax (leave the clear areas untextured) otherwise IDK.

Comment

you can probably take the whole gun textires and just edit the scope part, im not sure i dont have much experience in textures

Comment

Objects_client\Weapons\common\textures

take a look at "scopetexture_c.dds" located in that directory; it may be what you're looking for.

Comment

Thanks for the information Aurora... I'm just getting started and I'm trying to customize my setup.

Comment

Working...
              X