patch 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patch 1.3

i cant install it bc it says that i have a digital purchase.i looked on the D2D website for a patch and couldnt find one. how do i get the new patch?

Did you get is through Steam??? If so it should auto update.

Comment

Originally posted by mybulleturface View Post
      i cant install it bc it says that i have a digital purchase.i looked on the D2D website for a patch and couldnt find one. how do i get the new patch?
      If you got it through Steam, it will auto-update on its own.

If you got it from somewhere else, then you'll have to visit that site. Basically they have to take the patch IW just put out, and modify it to work on the modified game they sold you. Keep bothering their customer service about it.

Comment

I got the patch 1.3 from Game Zone and now my game won't start any more. It gives me a message that "iw3sp.exe is missing". What should I do?

Comment

i got my game from D2D and it says on there website the version is 1.3 but the file size is 6.3gbs and thats the on cod4 downlaod.
          Direct2Drive is one of the original and longest running PC core game digital distributor founded in 2004. Direct2Drive’s offering covers the most AAA publishers of all digital distributors for direct to download and STEAM platform keys. We here at Direct2Drive, will continue to build upon the current foundation to deliver a better way to Discover, Discuss, and Purchase games. It is our belief that the future of games is through digital distribution and we will continue to give our consumers a better way to game.

Comment

Patch Fix

Originally posted by installerfile
            Setup had detected thatyou have a digitally distributed version of Call of Duty(R) 4...

Everyone who is having the problem with patching of the direct2drive COD4 version and HAS the above error I have found a way around the installer error. What I did was extract the patch exe and then extract the msi installer inside the exe. From there it left me with the SP and MP exe files. I slipped them into the COD4 dir and I'm all upgraded to version 1.3

The 1.3 MP and SP exe's are below in the zip. Please spread the word of this fix otherwise C2D will try to suppress the work around. I'm not quite sure why they haven't released a patch yet since there in nothing that I am ware of that needs to be done differently. --Enjoy

Comment

Got my update from FilePlanet. Same problem. Error message can't find iw3sp.exe

Uninstalled the game. Will try again later. Hope I can re-establish my levels. Have saved them before.
              Hopefully I can get this thing running soon.

Comment

as long as you save your profile, then re-install copy and paste your profile back in the main game folder and your good to go.

Comment

quote from DGutierrez32

"www.10-78.com offered a patch 1.2 that was compatible with digitally distributed versions of COD4, do they have a 1.3 patch yet?

EDIT: Found it.

These guys are awesome.

DGutierrez32"

i used this and got it to work. thxs

Comment

Working...
                  X