Saving Your Customized Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Your Customized Kit

Is there supposed to be a check-box for saving your customized kit? Or does it save your kit automatically?

I'm asking because when ever I connect to a server, my kit is randomly customized, it customizes itself. Is there a certain command or something else that I have to do to save my own stuff?

It's meant to save your kit automatically to the last one you spawned in with. But they haven't done it right, and you get random kit load outs instead!! You also get heavy armour unchecked sometimes too.

Comment

Also comes with a new pin, the "Migraine Pin". Scream 4 times a round when you spawn with something you didn't want and get the reward, which is 1 Crash to Desktop.

Comment

yeah. i spawn with default voss loadout cos it looks like what i normally use, then in the heat of battle i chuck a smoke nade at a fallen comrade or fire shotgun shells at a sniper =\

Comment

Last couple of days I have been playing, get killed and then spawn in with a completely different class of player. Usually engineer - which is annoying. Not a case of accidentally selecting the engineer kit either. Just switches to it with no clicking from me.

The fancy new kit randomizer is working a treat though - never know what your'e gonna get

Comment

In your BF2142 settings you gotta uncheck the "Randomize saved Kits?".

Comment

I actually like that the kitsaving gives you the wrong things sometimes... You get to try out things you don't use often, and it only takes 1-2 secs to put the "right" unlocks back in if you get something you don't want.

I actually found out that EMP grenades are a big help when Clarking

Had really fun assaulting the other titan with Baur, haven't used it in a while but it sure rocks hehe

All thanks to the crappy kitsaving.

Comment

hmmm emps are actually great as an asset. in cqb it really really screws up the enemy's concentration, and if i need to sprint across the empty field in junkyard and there's an enemy somewhere about i'll throw an emp. engy's will also be grateful if you can keep that enemy walker still for a few pilum shots =D

anyway i also found out about the increased effectiveness of the smokes through the kitsave.

Comment

wasnt there sort of button on top of the main menu? maybe that was the save kits function rofl.

Comment

yet another bug with kit autosave

Yesterday I discovered (may be too late) that if you happen to get a field upgrade and use it in your customized kit, next time you connect to the same server or a different one (I can't tell for sure), the filed upgrade is still there taking an active place in your kit, but when you get into battle you discover that there's nothing there.

In other words, previous field upgrades are removed only *after* you get into battle, while they show up perfectly right in place during customization. I wasted almost a full round before realizing why my RDX launcher had disappeared without a trace.

Bad, bad Dice....

Comment

well that must have sucked but yea for some reason the save kits work for a reason now altough my sentry gets replaced by the infantry sonar seeker thing and my rdx shotty ^^ replaced by nothing. but yea i do get the shotgun

Comment

I think we should play a round where the only stuff you can use is what the computer randomly gives you at the beginning of the round. I think that would be really interesting; it would force people to really think outside the box (instead of just picking their uber-kits like they always do).

Comment

Working...
                        X