Squad creation bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad creation bug

Please forgive me if this is a double post. I searched and found nothing. I also didn't see a specific forum area for server admin questions, so here I am.

Is there any known fix for the server-side bug where squad creation just stops working? We have to restart our game server every time this happens to get it working again.

It is a hosted ranked server, but I have rebuilt it from the ground up several times and this continues to happen. I have been told this is a bug that has not (and thus probably will not) be addressed by EA.

Has anyone here had the same issue, and is there any way around it? The only way I have found to minimize it is to set the "reload after X rounds" value to 2.

Thanks

It happens when someone locks a squad and then teamswitches. That's all I know.

Comment

Interestingly enough, when I bump the value for "reload after X rounds" to anything higher than 2, it happens a lot more. With it set to 2, players complain that the rotation is reloading way to often. But they complain louder when they can't make squads. LOL, kind of between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Comment

Servers that have teams change over after each round are more prone to it aswell.

Comment

Ok, we have "Switch teams at End of Round" checked in the Auto-Admin settings in BF2CC.

so here is my exact setup:

6 maps of Strike at Karkand loaded in the maplist. (somebody told me that more maps in here was better for performance. IMHO, I do not see why there needs to be more than one)

Rounds per level = 2

Switch teams at End of Round is enabled.

With this setup I don't get the squad bug very often. But when I bump Rounds per level to 3, 4, etc., it starts happening a lot more.

I appreciate your feedback on this, everyone. It helps a lot

Comment

Working...
          X