How does Autobalance work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Autobalance work?

I just played a round of Titan where I finally got my Problem Solver pin. Whohoo! Man, that was hard to get. The first two consoles were easy because I was first on the Titan (hovering over it in a transport as the shields failed), but then they put up some spirited opposition. It took hard-headedness to get the pin because I kept getting killed over and over. But finally, a well placed grenade took out all the defenders, and I was able to take out the last two consoles on my own. I can tell you my heart was beating like crazy because I only had 2 RDX left for the second console. Once they were blown, I kept emptying my Lambert into it, and it seemed like it was taking 10 mins to reload each time. Just as it blew I was killed.

Then when I respawned, I had been changed to the other team! I had just taken out all 4 consoles, and obviously players on the other side were abandoning ship because they were about to lose, so I got autoswitched! Man, did that suck! I didn't realize I had been teamswitched, so I spawned just in time to see the Titan I had taken out explode and to get credited with a defeat.

How does Autobalance work? What if the server has autobalance off, does that mean if the losers bolt before the end of the round, it will be 16 against 5 ?

Thanks,
    DD.

If a server has autoblance and a certain team 2 more players than the opposite team, 1 lone wolfer will be switched over. If teams are evern, lets say 31 on each team. The next player that connects to the server, will always go to EU team

Originally posted by Dare978Devil View Post

How does Autobalance work? What if the server has autobalance off, does that mean if the losers bolt before the end of the round, it will be 16 against 5 ?
    Yes. that tends to happen

Comment

They can have AutoBalance off and still have SmartBalance on which will switch players as well.

Plus, it should be noted that sometimes the AutoBalance gets screwed up and even though it is on and players are dying and spawning in, no-one gets switched.

Comment

Like most other things in this game, autobalance doesn't always work right. Sometimes takes quite a long time to kick. We even sometimes have to restart autobalance to get it to balance the teams, it's pretty random.

Comment

I think if you make a squad and lock it (so you're a one-man squad), you won't get autoswitched.

Comment

i kept switched whilest being squadleader(on the first team) then when i spawned i got a suicide somehow and got switched back and forth each time i spawned. i just got a negative score of a weird autobalance switch bug.

Comment

hm i just found a weird exploit regarding autobalance accidentally.
              but yeah, safest thing to do is to get in a squad. i'm quite sure autobalance switches lonewolves only.

Comment

i was a squadleader so there should be something else

Comment

you know that alot of noob admins also like to switch people so they get negative score.

Comment

...huh? really?
                    i thought if you get switched by the server nothing happens, you only get -2 if you switch yourself?

Comment

If an admin switches you it does not affect your score, you just switch the next time you die. Also, if you switch at the beginning of a round before spawning in it does not affect your score. I believe the -2 comes in when you switch during the game as it treats it like a suicide.

Comment

I've switched while dead, and it gave me -2. Maybe it was because I was only critically wounded and not dead "dead"

Comment

if you switch AFTER spawning when your screen shows crit wounded, it's a -2. switching when your screen says killed (ie unrevivable) doesnt affect your score, but will kick you out of your squad/SL/commander status.

Comment

Working...
                          X