Need help at Farris Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help at Farris Wheel

Cannot get past third wave at Farris wheel. Shot down 10 fast rope troopers, 4 in one chopper, 4 in another and two in the third bird but after that I don't last too long. Between those frigg'n dogs and the troops coming at you I can't get past this level. Have tried at least 2 dozen times. Nedd help in a suggestion of a good position or any other tip will help.

Thanks in advance, Veers

Try to lay next to the guy you put down and shoot the troops from afar. Also be sure to put all of your claymores and C4 out.

Comment

Just dump all your Clays around where the grass starts, that should soak up most of the first wave, then i dropped the captain right at the back in some bushes while i camped behind the lowest ferris wheel pod thingy (shush, i cant remember the proper name) and fired at anything that moved.

Sorry thats not too helpful, i haven't played the level in a while.

Comment

Quick Tip on Claymores: when you get to the ferris wheel, put MacMillan down, but NOT on the glowing target spot yet. Then, go out and lay down claymores until you're out. Then go back, pick him up, and put him down on the marked spot. He'll then give you more claymores to put down. Booby-trap all the chokepoints and put a couple "layers" of claymores across the area, and watch your enemies go boom! :laugh:

Comment

i just sat behind the go carts after laying out all my claymores and camped them as they ran past and picked up and AK while i was at it

Comment

Wow, wouldn't have thought of that, nice one Whiskey.

Screw my idea, that one wins.

Comment

I found it easiest to actually go on the complete opposite side as the captain and hide way back where the bad guys normally come from. Claymore the grassy area and C4 it too.

Comment

At least on regular the captain can't die. I just put him in the middle so all the enemies would concentrate on him
                But the mission is still a pain. I want a M16 instead of the lame sniper rifle.

Comment

I actually stood back where they flood thru' by the empty swimming pool and shot them until time expired... Picking up weapons and grenades as they dropped, they funneled nicely towards me . Time ran out I sprinted to the downed sniper and got on the Heli.

Comment

Yeah, many ways to do the mission. My father who is trying to get back into gaming was there about 4 days ago and he did it all first try at the ferris wheel, but he went to the chopper without picking up his Captain lol.. so when he went back, he got shot ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Dr0matic.kush View Post
                      i just sat behind the go carts after laying out all my claymores and camped them as they ran past and picked up and AK while i was at it
                      I did the same on veteran, worked out quite nicely for me

Comment

Originally posted by Dr0matic.kush View Post
                        Yea same mate, cos i'd already used all my clays/nades and was practically out of ammo i camped it up around the karts killing them as they came around the corner etc and taking in the new ammo that was dropped.

I done it on Veteran as well.

Comment

I played this on hardened...

Just camped behind the bumber cars with AK...

But i was watching cod videos from youtube few days ago, and found this

This is in Act 2 at the very end of the "One Shot, One Kill" mission. You have to fight off hordes of enemies with your superior, while waiting for the chop...

Someone has found an really easy way out from this mission...

Comment

I might have to try this (im on this lvl atm on vet difficulty)

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                              Quick Tip on Claymores: when you get to the ferris wheel, put MacMillan down, but NOT on the glowing target spot yet. Then, go out and lay down claymores until you're out. Then go back, pick him up, and put him down on the marked spot. He'll then give you more claymores to put down. Booby-trap all the chokepoints and put a couple "layers" of claymores across the area, and watch your enemies go boom! :laugh:
                              Ha ha, brilliant, didn't realise that!

I picked up an AK as soon as i could to use alongside my sniper rifle for that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X