X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping power versus Double Tap

Which one is better and why?

or does it depend on the environment and gun your using

I've been using stopping power, and Ive been getting more kills versus double tapped

Id thought they'd be a bit more equal

Depends on the gun really.

Some guns already fire fast enough like the P90 and M4 so double tap would be a waste on them. It's also not a good choice for small clip guns like the uzi and skorpion because if your aim isn't dead on from the first shot you'll go through your mag too quick to adjust and end up getting owned because you have to reload all the time.

I prefer stopping power on most of my guns anyway. There's only a few guns where I would use double tap, G36C, AK-74u and maybe the M60. Oh, the pump action shotty is good with double tap too.

Comment

I'm on quite a Double Tap kick at the moment. The pump shotgun (as mentioned) really benefits from DT. I'm still on the fence when it comes to my MP-5...it burns through ammo like crazy, but I seem to get better results than I do with Stopping Power.

RPD with Double Tap is an absolute bullet-hose. Reminds me of the MG-42 from the original DoD. If only I could deploy a bi-pod.

Comment

I'm liking the M16 much, much more now when using double-tap. With the 3-round burst limit, you don't blow through your ammo quicker, but your shots are faster and thus more likely to impact that same spot you were aiming for, resulting in greater killing potential.

I agree that putting DT on the Uzi or Skorpion can actually deplete your ammo too quickly sometimes.

All the above being said...if you're a very accurate shot, then Stopping Power is probably a better perk for you - increased damage potential with fewer shots needed. Particularly something snipers might want to consider.

As the OP speculated, I think it does indeed depend on your weapon, environment, and your overall playing style.

Comment

I like Stopping Power with the G3 and M14 because I can put down Juggernauts with ease. I like to aim and use them like shorter range sniper rifles, so high damage with fewer shots is important for me.

Comment

I use dbl-tap on the P90 because it feels better than stopping power, it's stopping power for almost every other weapon though

Comment

Im using the RPD with stopping power right now, what with the fact that its already firing AK rounds, killing people on normal mode feels like hardcore :evil:

Only time i use double tap is for the AKS-74, otherwise i think the RoF on most guns to be more than enough.

Comment

Im not sure i its just me, but does DT take a few seconds to kick in when firing?

Comment

Not that I've seen, no. It's there as soon as I pull the trigger.

Comment

hmm, i have noticed that when i use it, i only fire a few bullets then i hear the sound of the DT. Maybe the DT is there, but the sound animation isnt for a few seconds.

I wish there was a perk that increased your mag size, Bandolier + DT + Increased Mag

Comment

I'm happier with Stopping Power than Double Tap, I burn through the ammo quick as it is on Stopping Power anyway.

I always use Double Tap on the W1200 though.

Comment

Yea, it depends on the gun.

Ive put DT on the G36C and SP on the P90. I like that combo pretty well.

Putting DT on the LMGs is pretty cool. You can really throw the lead then.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Depends on the gun I'm using.
                          For example, it makes me want to break my hed when I see someone using Double Tap on a semi automatic weapon.

Double Tap is really good with weapons like the M4 or M60, because of their huge accuracy, while I'd rather use Stopping Power with guns like the P90 or the MP5, because they hve a decent RoF and could do with a damage boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferali
                            Depends on the gun really.

Some guns already fire fast enough like the P90 and M4 so double tap would be a waste on them. It's also not a good choice for small clip guns like the uzi and skorpion because if your aim isn't dead on from the first shot you'll go through your mag too quick to adjust and end up getting owned because you have to reload all the time.

I prefer stopping power on most of my guns anyway. There's only a few guns where I would use double tap, G36C, AK-74u and maybe the M60. Oh, the pump action shotty is good with double tap too.

No way man for the P90 double tap is much better then Stopping Power.. It really depend's on the gun not the rate of fire the gun already has.. I tested out double tap after using stopping power on the p90 for about 3 day's and double tap is much better.. but with the RPD, Stopping Power is..

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                              No way man for the P90 double tap is much better then Stopping Power.. It really depend's on the gun not the rate of fire the gun already has.. I tested out double tap after using stopping power on the p90 for about 3 day's and double tap is much better.. but with the RPD, Stopping Power is..
                              I disagree. The P90 already fires amazingly fast. The P90 is pretty much a spray gun so if you've got double tap on it and the target is hopping around you might burn through your ammo before you can kill him, as it also takes more hits to kill him. Stopping power however allows you to kill with less bullets and still have enough bullets left over in your clip to take on a second or even third assailant before having to look for cover and reload.

Comment

Working...
                              X