Cyban is a cheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyban is a cheat

If any of you admins catch this guy on your server.....kick immediately!! Today I was playing addicted-2-games 24/7 overgrown map and I walked up to this guy shooting out a window. I knifed him and ran a full clip from the m4 into his back. He just smiled then shot me. He then went on a 25-0 k/d run! Finally after many complaints several others on my team noticed they could not kill him either. He was never kicked from the server. After that round he turned the cheat off and went 2-16! His rank was 25. This guy is such a sleezbag....kick,kick,kick!!!!:salute:

There is a rare, and possibly random bug in the game where people will become invulnerable for a round. It's quite possible this is what happened. The honourable thing is to suicide yourself if you realize it is happening to you, but some people will just take advantage of it.

ps. Calling people out on the Internet about cheating and such is generally considered poor form, because there is often no proof and they can't defend themselves. And, as above, mistakes can be made.

Comment

In all honesty, this is not good form or forum etiquette. I understand you have good intentions, but it would be better for you to just post some facts. If you stated that you played against some guy and couldn't kill him, blah-blah-blah, a lot more folks would be receptive to your message.

As easy as it is to change your player name, knowing this "Cyban" by name helps very little, if at all. He could even be someone else just using that name for kicks.

I've had rounds like that where I've killed everything I looked at and then to be thoroughly owned the next map by everyone. Doesn't mean I was cheating.

Comment

Don't bash him for it, it was an honest attempt. (Not bashing you guys back, just saying)

But I must agree with Sonic and Whiskey, especially because names are not unique in CoD4.

Comment

Ya, what Sonic said. On Bog, I've gone 65-10 because of Heli's and Airstrikes. And then we switched to another map and I went like 2-15. So there ya go.

But while we are on the "name" thing. If you think someone is hacking with the name of [42SRT]TSlaw, ban them. Because it isn't me I wouldn't hack if I had them on my computer. Which I don't.

Comment

It was never my intention to bash Support_Hog at all. I've just been noticing that he has been posting out of frustration lately.

I can understand being frustrated by the circumstances he illustrated above, but folks around here can get ugly once a pattern of negative and/or slanderous posts is observed. Since there is no proof and name spaces are not reserved, we can do nothing with the information given other than be aware of a potential problem. I think that most of us knew about this potential problem before the OP...

Comment

Sorry guys, im new to using these forums. Therefore, I do not know all the rules yet! From now on I will try not to use names. But in retrospect everyone on the server called the guy on what he was doing! If it was a glitch then he should have said so! On the start of the 2nd round he was using this "GODMODE" but then turned it off. This is when he got the rest of his deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Support_Hog View Post
                Sorry guys, im new to using these forums. Therefore, I do not know all the rules yet! From now on I will try not to use names. But in retrospect everyone on the server called the guy on what he was doing! If it was a glitch then he should have said so! On the start of the 2nd round he was using this "GODMODE" but then turned it off. This is when he got the rest of his deaths.
                Well, welcome to the forums; I'm sure you'll find your way around pretty quickly (after getting your head bashed in by the vets a few times...)

I'm kinda interested to know what causes this particular error. Now I can't say, "There are no infinite health cheats. Period."

Comment

Well, i assume all health data is handled server side like in BF2, so i don't think there would be a infinite life cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                    There is a rare, and possibly random bug in the game where people will become invulnerable for a round. It's quite possible this is what happened. The honourable thing is to suicide yourself if you realize it is happening to you, but some people will just take advantage of it.

ps. Calling people out on the Internet about cheating and such is generally considered poor form, because there is often no proof and they can't defend themselves. And, as above, mistakes can be made.
                    Ones again agreed:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Support_Hog View Post
                      But in retrospect everyone on the server called the guy on what he was doing! If it was a glitch then he should have said so!
                      He may not have even realized it...just figured he got lucky when you couldn't kill him. Put yourself in his place; how would you feel if people were calling you a cheater and you didn't even know you were invulnerable?

Comment

It's really not that hard to Own in CoD4. I have gone rounds that were 70 or 80 with only getting killed about maybe 3 or 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeofGod View Post
                          It's really not that hard to Own in CoD4. I have gone rounds that were 70 or 80 with only getting killed about maybe 3 or 4 times.
                          Yes, but he's not talking about a player being good...but about a player being invulnerable due to a bug. Read his description of knifing him in the back and then putting a full clip into him point-blank.

Comment

Working...
                          X