Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I had downloaded PR, but because of certain bugs (No jets on Al basrah, which is the only map I play), i ask, is the bug where the apache and A-10 wouldnt spawn fixed?

If it is I would install pr right now =D

There is only the Merlin on Al Basrah now, and its staying that way for the time being. It works well.

Comment

Oh well, heres another question, i have v.609 and i got a patch for .613, will it work?

so .609 --> .613 or is there another patch

Comment

A-10 is an american jet/bomber. Al Basrah is now with British forces i think.

Comment

Al Basrah now only uses the Merlin and there are the odd problem with that on certain servers with people flying it and causing the server to lag. This is being looked into. Might be a PB error, that's been giving everyone merry hell for a while now.

You have to admit though, it doesn't make for good gaming having so much armour and aircraft on the Brit side on Al Basrah map. You end up seeing so many people teamswapping that it disrupts things for everyone.

Theres loads of fun playing insurgents. Get that Checkpoint taken and watch the enemy tickets bleed out fast! Also, do not directly assault the Brit forces, hide and ambush them from everywhere you can think of. Harrassment is fun! It's too easy (ie. requires a lack of skill) to sit back and hammer the enemy mercilessly. And you can be trapped that way if the insurgents are crafty and place civvies next to their guys with guns. Fire on Brits, wait for the return fire to come in and the civvies all get in the line of fire and penalties galore!!!

Comment

well, heres another question, what kind of penalties apply? is it a point penalty or a longer respawn time or a instant death?

Comment

Originally posted by BabaGurGur
              well, heres another question, what kind of penalties apply? is it a point penalty or a longer respawn time or a instant death?
              .613 is latest version
              read the manual dude

Every time you die your respawn timer will increase by 1 second (up to a maximum of 1 minute including the 30 sec man-down time) Insurgent respawn timers start at 20 seconds due to the skipped man-down time
              When you capture a control point or destroy an objective your respawn timer will be reduced by 3 seconds
              The following acts lead to a temporary spawn time penalty which increases the spawn time only for the next time you die. This penalty stacks up to 5 minutes in addition to the regular spawn time.
              Teamkill: 15 seconds per TK
              Suicide: 30 seconds
              Civilian killed: 60 seconds per civilian (max. 4 minutes)

Comment

yeah killing civilians might be fun, but the spawn timings are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                  yeah killing civilians might be fun, but the spawn timings are ridiculous.
                  You mean the spawn times for killing civilians or the spawn times in general? The spawn times in general are fine. Just stick to your squad, don't do anything stupid, and don't die.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
                    You mean the spawn times for killing civilians or the spawn times in general? The spawn times in general are fine. Just stick to your squad, don't do anything stupid, and don't die.
                    actually i wish the TK spawn time was about 3mins, bad thing though most tks' are accidents, but if you had a 3 min punish then we would all look before we shot:nod:

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171
                      actually i wish the TK spawn time was about 3mins, bad thing though most tks' are accidents, but if you had a 3 min punish then we would all look before we shot:nod:
                      I hear you, i was insurgent on al basrah, and we were about to ambush the VCP.. then my squad leader ran infront of me and I TK'd him.. ffs

Comment

Originally posted by BabaGurGur View Post
                        I hear you, i was insurgent on al basrah, and we were about to ambush the VCP.. then my squad leader ran infront of me and I TK'd him.. ffs
                        yepp, he proably gave you punish too, thats way it goes for me anyway. i usually forgive unless it just so dumb ya know. but most wont they just punish weather they ran infront of you or not.

Comment

Working...
                        X