Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone play 2142 in a Mac?

If so how well does it work?

I don't, but i found something that i had no idea was going on. Mac users are still stuck on patch 1.25. I thought 1.40 was for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
      I don't, but i found something that i had no idea was going on. Mac users are still stuck on patch 1.25. I thought 1.40 was for both.
      That might be because the game is new to mac and they haven't got the updates done for it yet.

Comment

DO mac users not play on the same network? If so must be a struggle finding a game!

Comment

I have a macbook pro and have tried the mac version but I dont like it very much. The performance is not that great (graphics mainly). I use the windows version now through boot camp.

Comment

Originally posted by d10sfan View Post
            I have a macbook pro and have tried the mac version but I dont like it very much. The performance is not that great (graphics mainly). I use the windows version now through boot camp.
            How does Boot camp work for you, how are the frame rates? can you push all the sliders up? I am trying to decide if I want to go Mac as I like many things about the Mac, but I hear gaming is a challenge.

Comment

Boot camp is working fine with the settings on high. Gotta buddy using it on a Mac Pro

Comment

Originally posted by d10sfan View Post
                Originally posted by onehitah View Post
                Boot camp is working fine with the settings on high. Gotta buddy using it on a Mac Pro
                Well that might be the ticket, just use Windows for gaming and Mac for everything else.:yay:

Comment

why any serious gamer wouldn't play their games via bootcamp is beyond me.

Comment

I tried to play 2142 in a Mac once, but I just looked stupid.....

Comment

:laugh:
                      havent seen one of those in a long while =D

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                        why any serious gamer wouldn't play their games via bootcamp is beyond me.
                        I may not have a choice now as Vista sucks for gaming and Microshaft is pulling support for XP, so I have no choice to go to Mac with boot camp. problem is I hear the Mac version of BF2142 isen't updated and I don't know how well Vista will game in boot camp as it is reported that Vista runs faster on a Mac in boot camp. Microshaft has basically said F you to gamers. I don't see a lot of choices here. oh and don't say X Box as that thing is a big steaming pile of crap as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X