• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does 2142 have DRM?

Just wondering, its got
    -One account per CD key
    -You have to have an account and sign in even for singleplayer
    -Logging on one computer with the same EA account will give you a "EA master server connection lost" error

Didn't BF2 have offline soldiers and let you create soldiers right away instead of having to make an EA account first?

Yep, I played BF2 for several weeks without creating an account. I never actually got around to registering BF2, I only had it installed for the Editor

Comment

you dont actually need a account to play it ^^ i just shut of my internet and it asks if you want to play a offline soldier.

Comment

man you are one mighty person if you can "shut off" the internet :P
        just block 2142.exe with your firewall. i played BF2 offline also, but that didnt require an account.

Comment

Originally posted by dontsh000t View Post
          man you are one mighty person if you can "shut off" the internet :P
          just block 2142.exe with your firewall. i played BF2 offline also, but that didnt require an account.
          Just go to "Network Connections", right click on your connection and choose "Disable".
          Or use the panic button on ZoneAlarm, if you have that installed.

Turning it on and off in your firewall seems a bit overkill, unless you never intend to play it online.

Comment

Wow. EA really screwed us that if the EA master server is down, you can't even play without disabling internet access for BF2142. :|:

Comment

hm/ i thought it's possible? it'll ask if you wanna play offline after a few tries.
              if not, i think there are 2 shortcuts for 2142 - one that says "Play 2142 online now!" and one that's just "Battlefield 2142". if you havent deleted the latter, try it...

Comment

Working...
              X