Ive tried everything!(SP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive tried everything!(SP)

I know everyones tired of hereing problems about CoD4. Sorry Ive tried everything I know to do now. System info: Windows XP(media center edition) Intel Core duo 6700@2.66ghz, 2 gigs ram, 768mb 8800 ultra Nvidia video card. In single player mode the game just freezes at random points, I have no control and have to restart. This game played fine a week ago, I completed the SP mode. Now the screen will just freeze! Ive downloaded the newest nvidia drivers, even tried using the 93 version. I read on another post-some guy had Power dvd causing problems, also deleted that. I changed the screen resolution to 800x600, turned the hardware acceleration(under sound)down to the second to lowest setting. Ive reinstalled the game..I just dont know what else to do! Sorry Im aggravated, any help would be appreciated. Thanks :hmm:

If it worked well before, but is having problems now, SOMETHING on your system has changed in the time between.

Try to think if you've installed or downloaded any apps since then that might be causing trouble.

You may want to try a manual update of Punkbuster (it runs during SP too). If you don't know how, to the Evenbalance website ( http://www.evenbalance.com ) and read the FAQ.

You might also want to scan your PC for viruses and other nasties.

When you're actually running the game, be sure that no anti-virus program or other non-essential app is running in the background.

Comment

I ran ghost on it last night and restored it to factory settings, reinstalled the game and it still freezes. I do have my anti virus program going...Im gonna scream it thats the problem. Thanks :-p

Comment

try your sound card drivers, i had similar issue running toca race driver, and found out it was my audigy drivers conflicting.
        But i would never of fought that sound card would interfere with the graphics.

Comment

Working...
        X