Spotting with a joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting with a joystick?

I'm having some trouble (not 100% sure if it can be done) using the enemy spotted feature with my joystick. I set it up so I can access the menu with a button on the joystick, and when I pull that menu up in game to spot something, and click my fire button on the joystick, I doesn't do anything.

Does anybody know how to do this (what I have to set up)?

Thanks.

set a joystick button to q

Comment

.... I already set that... When I go to select an option, that is where it doesn't work.

Comment

There is a way.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Ignore the thing about POV. Just download the file. Install both joy to keys. Assign "Q" to a button on the joystick in ONE of the joy 2 keys.

Assign left click to the same button in the SECOND joy to key

Comment

Thanks

Comment

hmm ill have to go digging but i think i have a backup somewhere of one click spotting i had it bound to my middle mouse button but you can assign it to a Joystick button,

Comment

Thanks Scinto.

Comment

Dig dig dig? Anything?

Comment

Load up the game, login, and goto Options > Common > Assign the desired button to Secondary Como Rose (the box next to where "Q" is ) click apply and exit out of the game.

Open your Controls.con file "My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/0001"
                  (Make a Backup Just Incase)

Search for " GIRadiocomm " and you will see 2 lines like; (i have my button assigned to middle mouse)

Code:
                  ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIRadioComm IDFKeyboard IDKey_Q 0 0
                  Code:
                  ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIRadioComm IDFMouse IDButton_2 0 1
                  Copy the second of the 2 lines,

Now search for " Giok " you will see the following line; (its about 12-13lines above the other 2)

Code:
                  ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0
                  Press return at the end of this line and paste in the line you copied before, then you need to rename the " GIRadtiocomm " to " GIOk " so it should look something like this;

Code:
                  ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0
                  ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_2 0 1
                  forgot i had it posted up on my clans forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X