Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the squad leader beacon run out of power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the squad leader beacon run out of power?

I had one going and guys were podding into it, but then it turned red with a green circle. It was no longer working and I had to spawn far away and finally get back to it where I could pick it up. No one actually destroyed it, but no one could use it either. How did that happen? I was under the impression they became spawn points until destroyed or picked up.

DD.

some kind of bug I guess, or if something is place on top of it, it wont work.

Comment

Yes, even something small like an IDS placed on it will cause it to stop working. I'm not sure if you would be able to see it or if it sinks into the beacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
        Yes, even something small like an IDS placed on it will cause it to stop working. I'm not sure if you would be able to see it or if it sinks into the beacon.
        even going prone and laying on top of it counts, med hubs and ammo hubs too, anything

Comment

Someone forgot to change the batteries on the beacon eh?

Comment

Interesting....could pay to just drop an ammo pack on top of the beacon XD destroying it gives them another one, so dropping an ammo pack would stop them from spawning AND not give them another one...nice

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, I heard that if you place a med/ammo hub on an APM it won't trigger it also.

Still have to try it,without commiting suicide

Comment

Regarding the SL beacon: remember that your med- or ammo hub won't last forever on that beacon. At least if you drop another one, the one on the beacon will disapear.

regarding the hub on APM: No the APM will still go off if you place a hub on it. The hub covers the APM from sight but not from blowing you to pieces.
                Nice trap for teammates: place your hub on top of an enemy APM and the poor dude comming to get some health or ammo will get blown up instead. :cry:

Comment

lol or to get easy kills aswell *enemy soldier: omg i only hav liek 25hp left omg whats that a med hub yaay (gets blown into smithereens) noesz im dead again*

Comment

Working...
                  X