Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statpadding Questions

Hi,

Just two quick questions relating to statpadding.

Firstly, is it legal for me to go on a knife and pistol server and run other players over? (To help with getting crew service and the transport badges)

Secondly, WTF is a high points server?

You are likely to get kicked if you start running over the knife server lamers. I found it easy to get those roadkill awards.

And i assume it's just a name. I doubt it's a stat padding server. I've seen it but never played in it.

Comment

a high points server is a server with inflated ticket ratios which = longer game = more points

Comment

I consider it statpadding because in a real legit game, players would not run around in the middle of the road. However this is a knife server and thus people run around allowing you to get easy points.

Comment

High Points servers don't actually have higher ticket ratios if they are ranked, because the 100% ticket ratio is hard coded.

Comment

I did find a BF2 ranked padding server with 1000 tickets.

Comment

The thing is, will EA statswipe me if I go on those servers and break their rules?

Comment

the players will most likely report you like omg he was running me over with a vehicle in a knife server. result he gets the bann ^^

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf
                  High Points servers don't actually have higher ticket ratios if they are ranked, because the 100% ticket ratio is hard coded.
                  But, the ratio is hard coded by the map size. So, you can run the 64 man map, which on the city maps is the same size as the 32, and run a lower player count like 16-whatever. Then you start with 300 tickets each but with the lower player count the round can go on a looooonnnggg time.

Comment

I hate rounds that drag on for an hour. This happens when 64 man servers are barely starting to fill up. I join these when there is nothing else to play

Comment

I wouldn't go anywhere near a server that I thought was questionable. The whole 'guilt by association' thing.

While on the subject of stat padding.

I was on a server tonight that advertised itself as 'low/medium skill' players only. I thought it was funny (that and with most rules on most servers rarely enforced, I figured this one was really for show).

Well I can comfortably call myself 'medium' skill. I've played for a while and I've certainly seen guys that I would call better than myself so I joined in.

Well after nailing the admin a couple of times, he decided I'm 'too good' and punts me.

I check his stats to find that they're better than mine, so apparently his definition of 'high skill' means playing better than him.

So anyway to wrap this long-winded thing up, is it a form of stat-padding if an admin punts players that are better than them so they can get a better KDR and more points?

Comment

Originally posted by xxxTWISTEDxxx
                        I wouldn't go anywhere near a server that I thought was questionable. The whole 'guilt by association' thing.

While on the subject of stat padding.

I was on a server tonight that advertised itself as 'low/medium skill' players only. I thought it was funny (that and with most rules on most servers rarely enforced, I figured this one was really for show).

Well I can comfortably call myself 'medium' skill. I've played for a while and I've certainly seen guys that I would call better than myself so I joined in.

Well after nailing the admin a couple of times, he decided I'm 'too good' and punts me.

I check his stats to find that they're better than mine, so apparently his definition of 'high skill' means playing better than him.

So anyway to wrap this long-winded thing up, is it a form of stat-padding if an admin punts players that are better than them so they can get a better KDR and more points?
                        Yes, they should get their stats wiped or at least punished in some way. I hate those whine-o admins who kick/ban for trivial reasons like "omg he blew up my assets but I said no blowing up assets *KICK" Kicking for obvious glitching/hacking is fine, because those people literally are ruining the game. Someone who is just good can still be killed as well as someone else. Gang up on him.

Comment

I got kicked once for "entering enemy spawn" when I knifed an admin who was commanding, yea who doesn't hate whiny admins.

Nowadays I play on Internode and Gamearena (I'm an Aussie), and I've never seen an admin on those servers. It has its upsides, and then again it has its downsides.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
                            But, the ratio is hard coded by the map size. So, you can run the 64 man map, which on the city maps is the same size as the 32, and run a lower player count like 16-whatever. Then you start with 300 tickets each but with the lower player count the round can go on a looooonnnggg time.
                            Exactly.

I don't really care for high point servers... In high point server, I could probably earn around 100-150 Points per round. However, in that exact same time frame I could probably have played three 50 point rounds of normal conquest. They are useful when you are going for awards that have long IaR Time Requirements/Outrageous IaR Kill Requirements, but other than that I find playing the same match for hours quite boring.

Comment

Moron

Originally posted by xxxTWISTEDxxx

You should name the little sh** and the server name, screw the Pube...

Comment

Working...
                              X