RPG's and 203's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG's and 203's

just got the game and i see the you can blast someone point blank with those weapons an still stand no splash dmg back on the attacker shouldnt they die too if they point blank you ? :salute:

For the RPG's, they probably hurt the shooter, but are just out of range of the RPG's splash, which isn't very large. For the 203, at close range they don't detonante, and instead kill the person with the force of the impact. If you look at the kill information on the bottom left you see a different symbol for this type of kill. (Same symbol for hitting someone directly with a grenade and killing them.)

Comment

Good post^^

You can put sonic boom in and realy get some nasty explosions if you want.

Comment

i hate in inaccuracy of the RPGs

Comment

lol, cry, please, more....

203's have an arming distance, popping someone up close only kills them, period...

RPG's, while I dont use them, seem damn inacurrate, hats off to anyone that uses them regularly, and big deal if they dont do much splash dmg...hell, he's got what, 2 of them?

They're all weapons of war, they're all part of the game, get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit View Post
            lol, cry, please, more....

203's have an arming distance, popping someone up close only kills them, period...

RPG's, while I dont use them, seem damn inacurrate, hats off to anyone that uses them regularly, and big deal if they dont do much splash dmg...hell, he's got what, 2 of them?

They're all weapons of war, they're all part of the game, get used to it.
            Wipes tear from eye
            i see how the 203 works now but a rpg point blank should kill the both of ya Thats at point blank other then that great game worth the time and money.
            :salute:

Comment

I've been using the RPG lately and wow, it's really powerful when it hits. Problem is, if you miss, they know where you are. I'd certainly like to see them be more accurate... Aiming at the person from too close will kill you though, unless you're not in hardcore, then you might live.

Comment

The only real upside the RPG has over the M203 is the ability to hammer choppers. If they assign a point-reward to downing helos, we'll probably see an up-tick in RPG users and a few less M203s (which would be welcome in my opinion).

I have no idea what the back blast is like with a real RPG-7, but I think about it sometimes when I'm firing out of a small apartment or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozendorph View Post
                  The only real upside the RPG has over the M203 is the ability to hammer choppers. If they assign a point-reward to downing helos, we'll probably see an up-tick in RPG users and a few less M203s (which would be welcome in my opinion).

I have no idea what the back blast is like with a real RPG-7, but I think about it sometimes when I'm firing out of a small apartment or similar.
                  You can fire it from right up against a wall, so there is no back blast taken into account.

Comment

IS there any in RL?

Comment

Yep. All that exhaust has to vent out the back or the recoil would be amazingly bad. I've heard there are issues with RPG-7s when trying to fire from concealment. Primarily, you cannot fire them from a prone position unless you want your pants shredded and your butt set on fire.

I'm just repeating what I've heard, of course, I've never had the opportunity to fire one.

Comment

Well it's a pretty simple concept... Fatty explosion and rocket fires grenade forward. Hole in front and hole in back. Lots of gases wanting to GTFO that tube. The grenade blocks the front and gets pushed forward, the gas is forced out the back. Now here's where it really get's applied. You've got an *** ton of burning hot gas flying out of the back of that thing as fast as a bullet, do you want it all to end up around you? Yes firing from an open space where to gas can escape is necessary for survival, or at least a pleasant survival that doesn't involve having your face literally burned off.

Comment

The first thing you're taught when dealing with shoulder-fired missiles is to check your 'back-blast area". Training a group of young men to check over their shoulder and shout, "Back blast area, Clear!" can lead to some hilarious moments. =)

So, yeah the RPG is exhausting the propellant out the rear. If there is something there, it will be charred and you better hope it's not your buttocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Steppenwolf428
                            i hate in inaccuracy of the RPGs
                            Yeah its so sad, for me its really hard to take down a enemy chopper.

Comment

Working...
                            X