Armed Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault

Hey just wondering what everyone thinks of this game?? Im getting bored of bf2 now got my stars and been playing since the day it came out.

I saw this in my local video game shop an the graphics look amazing, has anyone played it and is it worth buying to tie me over til bf3 comes out next year.

It looks exactly the same as bf2 with vehicles an everything. I was gonna get cod4 but found out no vehicles so screw that.

Is this Armed Assault worth my 20 quid???

Originally posted by J.Malarki View Post
    Hey just wondering what everyone thinks of this game?? Im getting bored of bf2 now got my stars and been playing since the day it came out.

I saw this in my local video game shop an the graphics look amazing, has anyone played it and is it worth buying to tie me over til bf3 comes out next year.

It looks exactly the same as bf2 with vehicles an everything. I was gonna get cod4 but found out no vehicles so screw that.

Is this Armed Assault worth my 20 quid???
    Dont the game have a demo? if so try that.

Comment

yeah but one more thing can my machine play it??

Amd 5.4ghz x2 2gig ddr2 corsair ram, geforce 8600gt 130gig raptor hard drive

Comment

I've got the game in the last few days and found it to be very nice. It depends on what gameplay style you like mainly. If you are into realism and waiting around for ages before you attack, long range combat etc, basically everything vBF2 is not then you will most likely like ArmA. So if you dont like PR, you probaly wont like ArmA

Comment

Yeah im up for abit of realism as im really sick of the bunnyhopping frag whores on bf2 so sounds good

Comment

It appears as though your computer can play it well enough, and I definately think this game is worth it.

It is not an arcade game, it is a military simulation.

The demo will give you an idea of the game, but as with most demos, the actual game is better and more optimized. I would use that to determine if and how well this game will run on your computer.
            There is a tremendous replay value in a game that is continuously being added to in terms of new maps and mods. It comes with a game editor so you can make your own missions, so if you dont like the missions you see, MAKE YOUR OWN! One thing I love is that new missions that are created do not need to be downloaded offsite or out of game to be able to play them, unless there are specific addons required. You actually download the new missions during your connect to the server, so potentially you could play a new mission every day! Just this week I downloaded a 32 coop mission map pack ( DLed from a forum). I refer you to Operation Flashpoint, ArmA is that games successor. OFP has got the most mods of any game I can think of. The Multiplayer aspect of this military sim has its great points, but unfortunately a game of this scope does not attract thousands of players like BF2 due to I think its difficulty. There are hundreds playing compared to thousands for BF2.

couple of ss I have taken

Comment

Nice screens dirty deeds it looks the mutts nuts!! I might just have to go out now an purchase myself a copy.

I used to have OFP that game was great! So if this is the successor then its well worth my 20 quid.

Comment

It will take you ages to learn to play that game Also, the graphics look like crap unless on all high. Download the demo and try in out

Comment

It totally depends on your play style...

If you like tons of action and more arcade like play... BF2.

if you want a military sim, you play Armed Assault.

Comment

Bohemia Interactive developed Operation Flashpoint but split from the publisher and made Armed Assault, their own sequel.
                    Codemasters is developing Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising which is due out in 2008 sometime. Probably late 2008.

Comment

flashpoint 2 will be dx10:yay:,im not guna bother with any other war game:salute:

there is also Arma2 soon

Comment

I just started playing again, mostly Evolution mod and its awesome!

I recommend downloading the FDF Soundpack 1.2 and ArmA Effects

They make the game 100 times better!

Comment

Its a great game :-P. The freedom you have in the maps is cool, pitty its a bit greedy but it a fun game to play if you find the right people to play with :P.

Comment

I have a question for MyIS.

What the hell is up with the Total Armed Assault site?

You guys abandon support of this fine title?

Comment

They closed Total Armed Assault & Total America's Army due to lack of traffic (Not many users).

Comment

Working...
                              X