Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there SP?

Or is it just MP?
    I am a long time BF player, and 2142 is the only BF that I have not bought. I do not have highspeed internet, so SP is all that I can do.

Thanks for your help,
    Vuk

There is SP, but just like the other BF games you can just play 16 player maps with bots, no campaign or similar. I think there's 5 maps, SP is fun for a while but imo gets boring pretty quick... too bad you can't play MP.

Personally I wouldn't buy 2142 just for the SP but it's your choice

Comment

Thanks! I think I will though. It is really cheap now and I would like to know what it is like. :P

Comment

There is singleplayer, but it's only a small selection of maps all set for 16 players (you and 15 AIs), and the AI is pretty sadly slack. As with most games, upping the difficulty doesn't make them any smarter (they are dumb as dirt), it just makes them shoot straighter.

I think most folks only ever did singleplayer to learn how to use their new unlocks... which you won't be able to do because you have to rank up to get them by playing online. =(

Comment

That stinks. Are there any good SP mods?

Comment

There was one that opened the maps to bigger numbers of AIs, and made the other maps available, but it didn't improve the AI at all, they still pretty much sucked... and I don't think the guy who made it stuck with it past the first couple patches. I could be wrong though.

Comment

That stinks too. :P
              Thanks very much for the help. I think that I will give it a try anyway, just so that I can know what it is about.

Comment

Good luck! It's still worth it if you can get it cheap enough. It's been my hands-down #1 played game since it came out.

Comment

i would personally not buy bf2142 if i didn't have highspeed, if all you wanted to know is how the game is like, get the demo!
                  i do know a good mod think it's called titan lite or something like that, here's the link
                  don't buy bf2142, buy crysis or COD4 if you want campaign

Comment

Working...
                  X