Punkbuster kicks me, plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster kicks me, plz help

Ok, I go into bf2 and join up. until about 3 months ago i never had this problem. now i am being constantly kicked w/in the first 30 seconds of me joining the game. when i'm kicked it says it has something to do with my punkbuster, some kind of error. i tried my friend's advice and just reinstalled everything, the game and the patches, with no errors. joined the game, played for 30 mins, then it kicked me again because of the punkbuster problem. it's now clear that when i reinstall i can play for 30 minutes with no problems for 30 minutes, but every time after that it takes mere seconds for this unknown error to occur. can someone please help me out?:cry:

Try using this to manually update PB

Comment

well i went there...dl'd it...ran it...got the updates and all that fun stuff....tried bf2 again and it kicked me outta the server again. there's apparently a failure w/ the punkbuster.exe activation when i'm playing...i played on a private server w/ a friend and we were on for quite a while...no error...

Comment

EXACTLY what error message are you getting? This is like "my computer crashed" and then asking what's wrong with it. Give us detailed info.

The private server works because punkbuster is off.

Comment

u have to uninstall and reinstall PB. check out
          Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Comment

did u uninstall/reinstall PB?

Comment

I think this might solve it, if not, sorry :s

Go to start>run, type in services.msc and then in the list there should be a program called PnkBstrA, double click on it and select startup type as automatic.

Comment

ok well i did the services thing and it's already on...set as automatic...i'm going to uninstall/reinstall the pnkbst thing now and we'll see how that goes

Comment

Handshaking

I have an error similar to this, but it says there was a service communication error with PB, something like "handshaking failed." Sorry for kinda stealing your thread for my own troubles, but does anyone know what i can do about my problem?

Comment

reinstall and reupdate PB

follow
                      Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                      X