Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will this last?

Hi ok.

Im getting my new rig this week which is in my sig and i was just wondering.

i know i can play more or less every game on highest settings but how long will it be till i have to play games on medium ect..

Thanks

about 2 years

Comment

im also getting a similair system with a c2d e6750, 3gb corsair 667 ram & 8800gt(not sure which one yet). how long will that last?

Comment

if u add a GB or 2 of ram then id say 1.5 maybe 2 years theres some buzz about DX10.1 that i havent been paying attention to, but the 8800s dont support it atm.

Comment

DX10.1 is the same as DX10 minus the incompatibility issues so I have heard. (i.e. DX10.1 IS backwards compatible, DX10 is NOT).

You could extend the projected lifespan of your system by making sure it supports DDR3 & PCIE2.0

Comment

the 8800gt IS pci express 2.0. i have that exact setup....
            and for the lifespan thing, if it gets outdated, get another 8800gt or whatever is the newest thing for sli, and upgrade ram/mobo.

Comment

The 8800GT may well be PCIE 2.0, but the MoBo is not. The intel P35 chipset does not support it, only the X38 does.

Comment

does that mean you need pci-e 2.0 to run an 8800gt? or can it run on normal pci-e?

would an 8800gt run on this mobo?

Comment

I don't think you need PCIE 2.0 to run an 8800GT. I'd imagine PCI2.0 devices will be backwards compatible as the slot form factor did not change. (Unlike AGP, which did change when going from 1x/2x to 4x/8x).

Comment

you don't need pci 2.0 to run an 8800gt. i am not sure if it changes the speed any...

the only thing is that as games get more graphics intensive, you will need to invest in either a pci slot cooler, or turning up the fan way alot....

Comment

Working...
                    X